Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Filling in VAT 3 form

Options
  • 20-05-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

My mind has done a complete blank.

I'm trying to fill in a VAT3 form here and I know I have to enter a number into the E2 box on it.

I just can't remember if the number I enter is the amount of EU purchases that I paid out or if it should be the amount plus 23% .

Anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

fitzcoff wrote: »
    My mind has done a complete blank.

I'm trying to fill in a VAT3 form here and I know I have to enter a number into the E2 box on it.

I just can't remember if the number I enter is the amount of EU purchases that I paid out or if it should be the amount plus 23% .

Anyone help?

The Net amount.

You also have to self account for the VAT on the supply by including the appropriate amount of VAT in box T1 (and T2 if you are entitled to deductibility).

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭fitzcoff

Thanks,

I have it accounted for in the T1 and T2 boxes but just could not remember what way to enter it in the E2 box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Somewhat related, can I just check something to do with the E1 box of a VAT3 form.

Anywhere I have looked it states E1 as the total value of goods sent from Ireland to other EU countries, but without qualifying whether it relates to certain types of transactions only or to all trade. On various VAT/VIES/INTERSTAT brochures my reading of it (I could be wrong!) is that it relates to goods sent abroad (within EU) when the transaction is between one VAT registered trader and another vat reg trader (i.e. where vat is zero-rated, intra-eu supplies etc, B2B type trade). In otherwords it appears to exclude "distance sales" of goods where a VAT registered trader in Ireland (only) sells and ships products to a non-registered person (Joe Soap) in say the UK. And where they charge the Irish vat on the sale - B2C type transaction. It also appears to suggest that the value of E1 equals goods+shipping costs (service, as invoiced) and not just the value of goods themselves ex vat.

So can anyone clarify and say definitively whether E1 is just B2B / Vat zero rated sales/goods sent abroad (EU) or all/gross sales (b2b and b2c within EU, but not Ireland). On the basis that the VAT reg person in Ireland isn't registered in any other country as well below foreign thresholds. Thanks.

Advertisement