Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping track of bets?

Options
  • 20-05-2012 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi does anyone know what's the best way to keep track of your bets to see have you made profit and were your going wrong ect?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭FANTAPANTS

keep a note book... what stakes you backed...then keep winner loser profits on it simple!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

You could use the Log Sub-Fourm on here - although that means you are making stuff public

A spreadsheet in Google Docs works wonders if you set it up right

Although buying a nice little Moleskine notebook is great - I found if you write down everything you do it ends up helping you make smarter decisions in the long run. Having something physical to keep track of when you make a bets (especially when doing a lot of online bets) is a great plus.

xVLtx.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭stingerro

Hi does anyone know what's the best way to keep track of your bets to see have you made profit and were your going wrong ect?
    I would reccomend registering (for free) at mysbrforum.com and using their spreadsheet. For example this guy who is an excellent NHL tipster use it - http://guil0000.mysbrforum.com/spreadsheet/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭mcw92

This is a great spreadsheet for keeping track of bets :

Betting Spreadsheet.

It has stats on every market you bet on, sports you bet on, a diagram of total profit/loss etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

mcw92 wrote: »
    This is a great spreadsheet for keeping track of bets :

Betting Spreadsheet

It has stats on every market you bet on, sports you bet on, a diagram of total profit/loss etc.

That link brings me to facebook warning me about potential malware and phishing!? Dafuq

Anyway, I'd echo Stingerro, SBR is good

• Advertisement

That link brings me to facebook warning me about potential malware and phishing!? Dafuq

Anyway, I'd echo Stingerro, SBR is good

Sorry, i got it of a mate on facebook so i just copied the link from it.

Heres the original : Betting Spreadsheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Great detail in that, thanks for the link! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

That's class, cheers for posting it up. Just one thing, how do you change the currency to €? I know it makes no difference really but still.

Edit: Nevermind figured it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

yesno1234 wrote: »
    That's class, cheers for posting it up. Just one thing, how do you change the currency to €? I know it makes no difference really but still.

Edit: Nevermind figured it out.
    +1 on that but havnt figured out how to change it to euro??

• Advertisement

markc91 wrote: »
    +1 on that but havnt figured out how to change it to euro??

Firstly you have to unprotect the editable sheets
    "Worksheet protection

As it stands, only limited sections of this spreadsheet can be edited. This is to prevent key formulas from being accidentally overwritten. To unlock a worksheet, go to that worksheet and select Tools -> Protection -> Unprotect Sheet The password to unlock each worksheet is sport"
    Then highlight any columns that are £ and on the home tab (at the top), look for the Number column, it's the fourth one across. With all the £ column highlighted look for the dropable menu with the note and coins. Click it and Euro should be there. You might have to go through the whole sheet highlighting and changing but it shouldn't take long. I couldn't find any way to do it all at once. I attached a screenshot with the relevant stuff highlighted.

Im looking now and the microsoft excel i have says compatabity mode and all the options at the top are greyed out so i cant touch tools or anything, I must not have the full version :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Im looking now and the microsoft excel i have says compatabity mode and all the options at the top are greyed out so i cant touch tools or anything, I must not have the full version :/

Which version (what year) of Excel do you have?

Microsoft Excel Starter 2010

Any Ideas??

Microsoft Excel Starter 2010

Any Ideas??
    Im coming down near the end of the spreadsheet and still cant add more lines any1 any ideas??

Im coming down near the end of the spreadsheet and still cant add more lines any1 any ideas??

Have you unlocked the worksheets to all editing?

From the intro page:
    "Worksheet protection

As it stands, only limited sections of this spreadsheet can be edited.
    This is to prevent key formulas from being accidentally overwritten.
    To unlock a worksheet, go to that worksheet and select Tools -> Protection -> Unprotect Sheet
    The password to unlock each worksheet is sport"

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Have you unlocked the worksheets to all editing?

From the intro page:
    "Worksheet protection

As it stands, only limited sections of this spreadsheet can be edited.
    This is to prevent key formulas from being accidentally overwritten.
    To unlock a worksheet, go to that worksheet and select Tools -> Protection -> Unprotect Sheet
    The password to unlock each worksheet is sport"
    I cant get into tools to edit anything it says something about compatibility mode

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

The link to that spread sheet is not working for me could you direct me there another way I'd like a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭famagusta

ya lads that link doesn't work anymore. can somebody stick up a new link please

New Download Link
    :

Download Link, via Dropbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Samuel Ericson

You might want to have a look at a new service I just launched too at http://bettin.gs. I does pretty much what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 ZuBKing

betdog

Advertisement