Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing trades...

Options
  • 20-05-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭

...Well not exactly trades, but the little "ASG 6mm BB" thing. It drives me mad. I don't want to have to respray the whole slide (It's a pistol)

Anybody got any ideas? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

you can remove the painted ones with a dremel and a polishing head (fiber type).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Will give that a go tommorow. I tried some aceton/paint tinner, but no luck.

I frigging hate the way ASG do that to all their guns. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

swiftblade wrote: »
    ...Well not exactly trades, but the little "ASG 6mm BB" thing. It drives me mad. I don't want to have to respray the whole slide (It's a pistol)

Anybody got any ideas? :)

You can also try brake cleaning fluid( Motor accessory shop) Works on some but not all;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭swiftblade

It's actualy not painted on. It's ingraved into the paint on the slide. Only way around it would be to repaint me thinks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

Sometimes ;) depends on make i find red scotch brite pad tends to be abrasive enough to take off SOME laser engraves.

Other times your better off redoing the whole thing as i once strip down the paint off one reciever down to bare metal and the laser etching still showed up.

There are 2 pics for an example of a project im doing.

Depends on makes too, some makes have etchings that are easy to take off, others a pain in the hole to take off.....or elbow :confused:.

• Advertisement
Advertisement