Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever try a RHOP?

Options
  • 20-05-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever tried one of these? How were the results if you did?

The idea of hitting a target effectively at 250ft+ seems too good to be true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭tudenham10

Have just put one into an mp5 (of all things), easy enough to install as long as you use common sense and don't really bother with a lot of the instructional videos that you'll see on youtube.

I think one of the videos I saw was from the the States, where a guy was using a KWA (firing at about 450 with 0.2's) and he was claiming to be landing bb's out to that sort of distance, he was using his son as a marker but it wasn't exactly Mythbusters type of stuff! :)

Haven't fired it yet except to test that the hop was feeding etc but I'll let you know what its like and if there's any significant improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Yeah I was chatting to him on the KWA forum oddly enough, if its the fella you were on about shooting his kid from over 200ft. I'm wondering does fps play a big roll in it, I asked him bout that and he was telling me that his KWA now fires at 340 now and still gets the same results.

My brain cant handle anymore info on it, so many people on that forum make it out to be the most complicated process ever but I seriously don't think it can be that difficult like you said common sense. It will be interesting to see how you get on, cheers for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭SOCOM

Yeah I was chatting to him on the KWA forum oddly enough, if its the fella you were on about shooting his kid from over 200ft. I'm wondering does fps play a big roll in it, I asked him bout that and he was telling me that his KWA now fires at 340 now and still gets the same results.

My brain cant handle anymore info on it, so many people on that forum make it out to be the most complicated process ever but I seriously don't think it can be that difficult like you said common sense. It will be interesting to see how you get on, cheers for the reply.

I bought a pack of them and never got round to installing it, would you like one? Pm me your address

SOCOM wrote: »
    I bought a pack of them and never got round to installing it, would you like one? Pm me your address

PM sent cheers dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭MonkeyGuy

Where can you get them? I'd like to try one for curiosity's sake, always looking to squeeze the best performance out of my guns for cheapish :P

• Advertisement

MonkeyGuy wrote: »
    Where can you get them? I'd like to try one for curiosity's sake, always looking to squeeze the best performance out of my guns for cheapish :P
    I got them from a lad in the states, just google Hunterseeker

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Lads been reading this with interest, but can someone explain exactly what these are and do? I have done a google search but am still none the wiser! Results seem to speak for themselves!

Lads been reading this with interest, but can someone explain exactly what these are and do? I have done a google search but am still none the wiser! Results seem to speak for themselves!

Jebus where do I begin...Basically you have a rubber patch (known as a RHOP) that fits into the barrel window, then your nub in your standard hop up rubber is sanded or filed down, this is strictly for your air seal is fitted over the rhop as normal. Like any hop-up you have its designed to create backspin for a stable flight path. The RHOP can create a stable flight path effectively for 250ft some are hitting man sized targets at 300ft, now these are american aegs shooting at 400fps but I have been told by people on the KWA forum it will work just as wll even with our 328fps. This is my dumbed down version, so sorry if it seems like a vague discription.

This is the inventors website:
    https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/

This is a YOUTUBE vid of a fella (been chatting to this guy on the KWA forums and he swears by them)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV4WRhEPJmI

This RHOP malark is apparently a lengthy process to do, sanding fine tuning etc but it has promise (I hope).

Hope this helps.

This is a video of my take on the R-hop, it eliminates the need to sand and shape, I 'am still messing about with different compounds but I have seen a slight improvement on range

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VAfKCt0188&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Cheers gents! I am enlightened, may have to give them a bash!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I have r-hops installed into three of my guns since january. No problems, increased consistancy and a little further range. I really wan't to try an LRB though.

First r-hop took me an hour to do, the other two took half an hour. And that was with sanding, tuning and using a dremmel. Which btw does make a difference.
    G&p m4
    SRC sr-16
    L96

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

While not an RHOP Something else you could mess about with if your experimenting
    with your hop-up unit is Shredders Concave Spacer:

http://shredderscs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=scs&action=display&thread=33

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

MonkeyGuy wrote: »

http://www.air-lab.co.uk/products/z-kit.html ;)

THE MINDER wrote: »

Did you try a rhop yourself Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

Did you try a rhop yourself Dave?

Not yet James-have the set but its in a queue of 'things to try' here LOL:)
    Will update whenever I get around to trying it.

Advertisement