Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

National Classic Car Show Feb 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 steveirl2

It is a new event taking place in the RDS on the dates shown. Organised by the RIAC with AXA as the main sponsor, and Irish Vintage Scene. The aim is to make it an annual event, along the lines of the annual Classic Car Show in the UK, with the emphasis on both road and racing classics, along with high performance exotics. It could be a great event, as it will be indoors. They are starting early on the organisation and promo. I hope it comes about.
    The official press launch was on Thursday, at the RIAC in Dawson Street, followed by a photoshoot outside the Mansion House. A few pics below.
    P5171783.jpg
    P5171770.jpg
    P5171775.jpg
    P5171778.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Sounds great! :)

Hope they do free parking for classics (would attract people to come in their classics and have a secondary show outside). Also if they did the parking right you could turn it in to a drive-in movie theatre playing classic car vids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Is that a GT40? So presumably this is going to be another Oirish classic show where an '06 car is considered classic just because it's a bit different?

Might as well just bring everything from the "classic" section on DoneDeal....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 steveirl2

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Sounds great! :)

Hope they do free parking for classics (would attract people to come in their classics and have a secondary show outside). Also if they did the parking right you could turn it in to a drive-in movie theatre playing classic car vids.
    Given that it is the RDS there will be a parking charge, but as of now the plan is to allow the first 250 visitor's cars to park free each day.
    dahamsta wrote: »
    Is that a GT40? So presumably this is going to be another Oirish classic show where an '06 car is considered classic just because it's a bit different?

I take it you wont be going then!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

If it's 'Classic & Prestige' I'm happy with that. We're car heads after all and once they're interesting I don't have a problem with it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm just going by the title of the thread, haven't clicked through on the PDF as I'm on mobile. Is it? That would be fair enough.

I guess I'm a purist, I see people posting in here about their 15 year old Mercs and Corollas and it pisses me off -- I'm sure they're lovely 'an all, but classic? Seriously?

I'm sure he's been a whole big discussion about this at some point though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I guess I'm a purist, I see people posting in here about their 15 year old Mercs and Corollas and it pisses me off -- I'm sure they're lovely 'an all, but classic? Seriously?

If I could thank this a thousand times I would!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

If I could thank this a thousand times I would!

You could start by thanking it the once..?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

You could start by thanking it the once..?!

Once really wasn't/isn't enough but if it makes you feel better, there ya go.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,353 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

steveirl2, considering you had to contend with bollards, gawkers and official photographers, you got some great shots there, well done!

• Advertisement
Advertisement