Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Wedding Venues

Options
  • 19-05-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi,

My partner and i are getting married next year, and we are just looking at some venues to have a small buffet style wedding reception with just about 30 or 35 guests.

We are just wondering can anyone recommend any hotels that would be suitable. We have been thinking about the Clybaun Hotel, Park Lodge or The Salthill Hotel.

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shyboy

The Harbour Hotel are now holding smaller weddings www.harbour.ie and would be perfect for the numbers you are having or the Twelve in Barna www.thetwelvehotel.ie is beautiful if that is not too far out for you.

Best Regards:)
    Shyboy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

Yeah, Barna's Twelve is very popular.
    Zetland House in Connemara is lovely and Ross Castle has a country house for small numbers which is meant to be gorgeous. I wanted to look at it but it was too small for our numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Little My

Do you definitely want to do the hotel thing?

The Corrib Princess does functions, as do Brigit's Gardens. Think outside the box and it will give guests something to remember other than the typical irish hotel wedding.

I always thought the Corrib Princess sounded like a great idea, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it, or something else different around Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Aero28

Little My wrote: »
    Do you definitely want to do the hotel thing?

The Corrib Princess does functions, as do Brigit's Gardens. Think outside the box and it will give guests something to remember other than the typical irish hotel wedding.

I always thought the Corrib Princess sounded like a great idea, but I'd love to hear from anyone who has tried it, or something else different around Galway.

I never thought that Brigits Gardens would do something like that. I must check out their rates.

Ha, don't think we'll be doing the corrib princess, because my partner gets queasy from boats.

Thanks for the info though. Really appreciate it :)

Advertisement