Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Decent running distance length

Options
  • 19-05-2012 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I'd like to know what peoples opinions are on the base level of running ability required for a decent parkour route. I've a good general fitness level in regards to usual exercises such as, press ups, pull ups, dips, squats and leg ups but at the moment running wise I can manage only one Kilometer of jogging before I'm out of energy, but after few minutes I can do the same lenght again.

Naturally I'm currently working on improving this but I'd like to know what ultimate distance I should be aiming for. I was thinking in the region of ten Kilometers, is that too far or much too short in your opinion?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭boxinginfo

Naturally I'm currently working on improving this but I'd like to know what ultimate distance I should be aiming for. I was thinking in the region of ten Kilometers, is that too far or much too short in your opinion?[/QUOTE]

currently im in the best condition i have been in for years after loosing 6 stone,but, im developing my muscle now and am not meant to run so i can tone up and build musscle faster,but i do the odd morning.

my first run when i was really unfit was an 8 km jog - early in the morning down a hill through a park into the square and back up the mountain i could do that twice at the moment know and im still not completely fit to the point of doing pull ups or chin upslike you .

you should be able to do about 18 km.

Advertisement