Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell vs. Samsung Monitor?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

I'd recommend you go for the U2312HM.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

There's a big difference in the quality between those two monitors. The Dell is an IPS panel which will give you much better colours and viewing angles. The samsung is regular TN LCD. Aside from that, the Dell also has 1920 x 1200 resolution.

I have the U2312HM that luyolo recommends and it's a very nice screen. I think the 1080p resolution adapted from tvs is a bit wide for desktop use and would probably favour the ratio of the U2412M. That said, the U2312HM has come down a lot and is now much better value, so it hard to justify the extra cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Noneek

Monotype wrote: »
    There's a big difference in the quality between those two monitors. The Dell is an IPS panel which will give you much better colours and viewing angles. The samsung is regular TN LCD. Aside from that, the Dell also has 1920 x 1200 resolution.

I have the U2312HM that luyolo recommends and it's a very nice screen. I think the 1080p resolution adapted from tvs is a bit wide for desktop use and would probably favour the ratio of the U2412M. That said, the U2312HM has come down a lot and is now much better value, so it hard to justify the extra cost.

Thanks, I think I'll go for the U2312HM :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

+1 on 2312hm

I got it myself too, great monitor and great value at 190eu

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭luyolo

+1 on 2312hm

I got it myself too, great monitor and great value at 190eu

It has gone down to 177 on HWVS, but it is still cheaper in Komplett due to the free shipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

what about one of iiyamas ProLite X2377HDS. I'm looking at getting a new monitor and it's what i've been looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I was looking at that Iiyama when I was buying my monitor but reviews were a little scarce. That was before Christmas and there's still not that much information. I'd say you'd be fairly safe with it though and it's a good price for what you're getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Irene818

Monotype wrote: »
    I was looking at that Iiyama when I was buying my monitor but reviews were a little scarce. That was before Christmas and there's still not that much information. I'd say you'd be fairly safe with it though and it's a good price for what you're getting.

I also haven’t had any info on Iliyama but sometimes one needs to take a risk and see for themselves.

I personally have purchased Dell U2412's and I am happy with it. Sure, the U2410 is better, that's to be expected comparing a 6bit to an 8bit panel. But they aren't meant to compete with each other.

Advertisement