Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA / BTEA / RAS

Options
  • 19-05-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

TRYING TO GET INFO....

my wife is in part time job. just gone back to work after maternity. she is signing dockets for now and waiting for an answer since last 5 months on the part job seekers allowance.

She is working now from last 2 weeks 5 days... she is a waitress. but probably will be back to 2 to 3 days after the hotel is less busy.

Now she is earning about 350 due to extra hours. but normally she brings in upto 200euro.

my btea, I have been using it to pay house rent which is 750 a month.

I am just finished with 2nd year in college. I had a btea. I will be progressing to 3rd year.

we only got married last july 2011.

Where does this leave me with jsa for the summer months and then btea for 3 year.

we have a 9 months old baby too.

can I apply for the ras scheme.

also can someone tell me what part-time means... why I am asking so is because, my wife's contract is part-time but hotel is bullying her into doing 40+ hours by saying that if she is not available for more work, they will simply not give her any day's work and in case if social welfare called, the reply will be "she is not available for work". due to the whole issue we are very tensed as for now when I am off school I can mind the baby but when the school starts again we will be stuck.

she was available to work since January again but hotel didn't give her any hours untill end of march when we finally decided to take them to labour court over whole issue. the reason they told us was that, because the supervisor thought that she is not available for work because when my wife went in to give notice of availability, she requested to be on Rota more on the weekends due to my college in weekdays.

the bottom line is they wouldn't give a full time contract with all the benefits to the wife but also want her to be availAble for work 7 days a week otherwise they wouldn't give her any hours and if need be a letter for social welfare if department wants an explaination. this particular week of 14 may - 20 may she is working 6 days a week and 2 out of those 6 days are split shifts.
    what we should do.

Advertisement