Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find gay friends online

Options
  • 18-05-2012 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

I am gay but not out so dont get to meet people in gay bars etc. I have tried the likes of [EMAIL="g@ydar"]g@ydar[/EMAIL] but I find its mostly people looking for one night stands. Anyone got any experience here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭Daith

queerid.com helped alot for me but there doesn't seem to be much activity on it these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭SolarFlash

the forums on fitlads.net are a good laugh but crazy addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AodhDub

Daith wrote: »
    queerid.com helped alot for me but their doesn't seem to be much activity on it these days.

Why is that? This new "facebook" thing to blame is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

okcupid.com is very good. Lots of Irish users both looking for relationships or just friends. Most people are quite friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭john47

There is also an app now (isnt there one for everything) called Grindr. But dont turn it on when you are going to your local musical...

John Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

queerid.com helped alot for me but there doesn't seem to be much activity on it these days.

It's also a clique, I've heard! ;)

okcupid.com is very good. Lots of Irish users both looking for relationships or just friends. Most people are quite friendly.

I found okcupid quite inactive, as did my mates. None of us bother with it anymore.

Wet and Wild might be another option,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭chargerman

Wet and Wild might be another option,
    never heard of that one

chargerman wrote: »
    never heard of that one

It's a FB group that organizes activities. Er normal activities like hikes, etc. Might be worth a look.

• Advertisement

chargerman wrote: »
    never heard of that one

Yeah, if you like sports, Wet & Wild might be worth a look but go along with a friend though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

Why not just try and make friends with people on here? It's a chat forum, not a hook-up spot so no real chance of anyone coming on to you and looking to meet you for some fun.

Tell us some more about yourself and people can post details about themselves and then you can chat or PM to those that you like the sound of. Isn't that not a sensible idea (if I do say so myself!) :D

Advertisement