Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC insurance that covers overclocking ??

Options
  • 18-05-2012 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Are there any companys that offers insurance for overclocked PC's ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭dyer

in most respects i highly doubt it.. but intel do provide some cover for the overclocking of their processors : http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/

of all my years of overclocking ive never had a problem so im not too worried.. as long as you know the specifications of the hardware and do your research you should be fine for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 LaughingLuke

Sweet 10ghz here I come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

As long as you don't do anything stupid like having no heatsink, or turning the voltage to max, there's little chance that you'll damage you CPU. It's usually estimated that you'll shave a little from the life expectancy but it will probably be well obsolete before it breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Intel are now offering this - go figure - quite reasonable aswell about $20

Advertisement