Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Lego in The Sun from Saturday 19th May 2012

Options
  • 18-05-2012 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

More free Lego toys in The Sun for the next 9 days from tomorrow

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/affiliates/lego/

Checked todays edition and the offer is available in Ireland for collection at Tesco's and Smyth's.

Handy to get some free Lego toys for the kids for the price of the paper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭loopymum

Can you send off for them or is collection in shop only?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

You got my hopes up until I saw 'Ulster Only' in the small print.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Kavrocks wrote: »
    You got my hopes up until I saw 'Ulster Only' in the small print.
    Dfbemt said that he/she checked today's paper and they are on offer in Ireland. Not sure that I am too happy about that though as it means a daily trip to Tesco to keep my son happy:pac::pac: I can't remember from previous offers could you get them posted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

loopymum wrote: »
    Can you send off for them or is collection in shop only?
    lindtee wrote: »
    I can't remember from previous offers could you get them posted out.

In today's paper, there's no postal option, but in previous offers they've provided an address at some point to give those who couldn't collect the Lego in-store a chance to get them posted, with a small charge to cover postage, as long as you have the tokens/vouchers. I can post the details here as soon as I find out. And the vouchers are redeemable in Tesco, Smyths, and Easons. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Toys are for collection on the day of the paper only, although in the past when I asked the person behind the counter they just handed me over the previous days toys with no token.

Girl this morning asked me for the token but gave me a 2nd when I told her I had 2 lads at home. Nice to see that there is some decent customer service out there.

Package says not for 0-3 years and I would agree with that. Some small parts in the package and complex enough for my youngest who is 4.

Great toy today though, especially so with the Batman figure. Well worth the €1 for The Sun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Simple Batmobile in todays paper. No minifigure though, just the car.

Lady in shop gave me 2 when I asked her and then asked me did I have the one from yesterday which she handed over also.

The peace and quiet in the house this morning before I left for work was wonderful !!

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭jockeyboard

hi does anyone buy the sun that dosnt need the toys? would love some of the lego for the kids...pwetty please:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

We've got all 3 so far, have to say these are quite decent toys, imagine they'd be in the €5-6 range if you were to purchase separately.
    We had a great "stopwatch" build competition yesterday between the girls.
    Thanks again OP.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tucker.Tim

hi does anyone buy the sun that dosnt need the toys? would love some of the lego for the kids...pwetty please:)

Seriously? Ah come on, if you'd really love it get the friggin' paper yourself! Hand-outs for a €1 paper, wow.

Well, I'm buying the paper and leaving it on the counter as I've no interest in it and I think a euro is good value for the Lego on offer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

slave1 wrote: »
    Well, I'm buying the paper and leaving it on the counter as I've no interest in it and I think a euro is good value for the Lego on offer

I gave a guy one of the papers as I left the shop on Sunday, looked at me funny trying to figure out the catch to getting a free paper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

I was in Tesco Temple Bar yesterday to redeem the voucher and the guy at the till said that they'd none left as a woman had been in first thing with 40-50 copies of the Sun!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

penev10 wrote: »
    I was in Tesco Temple Bar yesterday to redeem the voucher and the guy at the till said that they'd none left as a woman had been in first thing with 40-50 copies of the Sun!:eek:

probably soon on adverts for €5 a go :(

That's an eBay lady!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

I have found this promotion to be very good. No interest in The Sun but the lego is well worth it for 1 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

The Scum Newspaper?

- Folks if you're too embarrassed to tell people where you got the lego just pretend you stole it or assaulted a small child and then snatched it or something.

(Sorry, no offence intended OP, just despise that outfit!)

Missed Wednesday's Star Destroyer :( Have spares form Tuesday, Thursday and Friday if anyone has swaps:o

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

Missed Wednesday's Star Destroyer :( Have spares form Tuesday, Thursday and Friday if anyone has swaps:o

Try asking in the shops, I missed Monday, asked the following morning if I brought in my token would they give me the toy, was told no, asked again later and the guy gave me 2-they have them for all week still sitting in boxes

Try asking in the shops, I missed Monday, asked the following morning if I brought in my token would they give me the toy, was told no, asked again later and the guy gave me 2-they have them for all week still sitting in boxes
    Had no joy unfortunately.

Did anyone manage to get Saturdays? The Tesco I tried said they didn't get them in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Did anyone manage to get Saturdays? The Tesco I tried said they didn't get them in.
    I got them all, some I got 2 of some even with 2 vouchers I only got 1 of.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Crap just saw this thread now! Thanks OP all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭hootietootie

I got them all as well, if I'm in Tesco tomorrow I'll ask, there seemed to be boxes sitting this morning

Got them all, same story on Saturday in Tesco but popped out to Smyths who had them.

I have a spare destroyer - still in the bag - What will you swap for it? I'd like Saturday's ninja one if you have it but will settle for another.

Ian Whelan wrote: »
    I have a spare destroyer - still in the bag - What will you swap for it? I'd like Saturday's ninja one if you have it but will settle for another.
    Didnt get Saturdays ninja:( Could swap Thursdays Police Helicopter or Fridays Fire Chiefs Car?

Didnt get Saturdays ninja:( Could swap Thursdays Police Helicopter or Fridays Fire Chiefs Car?

Well, in the circumstances I'll settle for the fire car. How are we going to execute this deal? I guess we could post them for little or nothing? I can't be bothered meeting under the clock at Cleary's holding the Lego in my hand etc. Perhaps you can pm me?

Advertisement