Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post for a bird stand in Dublin?

Options
  • 18-05-2012 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

How do,
    recently ordered a bird house for the garden but no stand came with it :mad: Does anyone know of any garden centres or anywhere that sells just the stand alone post/pole or will I have to make it myself?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,049 ✭✭✭wait4me

How about a garden (round) stake? Available in most garden centres, B&Q etc. about 2 inches diameter??? Nail or screw the table onto it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭ymurtagh

yes that should do it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

A 16 foot length of pressure treated 2 x 2 willl cost you around 4 euro 50 cents-4 euro 64 cents in most builders providers.

Cut it to the desired length that you want,cut the end into a spike/arrow shape and then nail or screw the bird table to the other end.

Job done and you still have around 10-11 feet of 2 x 2 left over to make more bird table stands or something else for the garden.

Any of the stores men in any of the builders providers will also have a saw handy,so the 16 foot length can be cut to a size,that you can put into your car.

Very simple.:)

Advertisement