Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 freezing after wake up

Options
  • 18-05-2012 2:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭

Anyone have this problem ? its been happening randomly on my Samsung RV511 for the last month or so and its driving me nuts, when ever I open up the laptop after putting it to sleep the screen completely freezes and the only way I can get fix it is to switch off the machine and reboot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Run the laptop in Safe Mode long enough to test if it still freezes regularly.
    If all is well then you've a software/driver/Windows update problem and a system restore back to before the problem started could fix it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Run the laptop in Safe Mode long enough to test if it still freezes regularly.
    If all is well then you've a software/driver/Windows update problem and a system restore back to before the problem started could fix it.

Im after making things alot worse, I reinstalled windows using the disc that came with the laptop, now I cant get it to connect to the internet, wireless or wired, I have down loaded drivers off the samsung website and nothing seems too work, the display looks like its in safe mode and its not, should have just left it alone :mad: When I go to device manager there is a yellow mark beside the Ethernet Controller, Network Controller and PCI Simple Communications controller, I have tried the Samsung site for the drivers but they dont work, Im at my wits end here now, could some one please point in the right direction. the ethernet controller hardware id is :

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_C581144D&REV_06
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_C581144D
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_020000
    PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&CC_0200

I figure if I can get the ethernet working again I will sort the rest out myself

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Googling that info reveals it's a Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC. There should be a driver for that on the Samsung website, or else try here ...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Alun wrote: »
    Googling that info reveals it's a Realtek RTL8168/8111 Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC. There should be a driver for that on the Samsung website, or else try here ...

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

Thats got it going, thanks a MILLION. What did you google exactly because I have been trwling though driver sites all afternoon and couldnt find which one I needed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

threein99 wrote: »
    Thats got it going, thanks a MILLION. What did you google exactly because I have been trwling though driver sites all afternoon and couldnt find which one I needed ?
    I just Google'd the first PCI\VEN string in that list. I also happen to have the same NIC in two PC's here, it's quite a common one.

Alun wrote: »
    threein99 wrote: »
    I just Google'd the first PCI\VEN string in that list. I also happen to have the same NIC in two PC's here, it's quite a common one.

Cheers I won't be forgetting those drivers to quickly

Advertisement