Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access

Options
  • 18-05-2012 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi,

I'm trying to create a simple Sales & Marketing database in Access.
    - I'm hoping to import data from an Excel spreadsheet.
    - I'd like to be able to have a list of companies, their contacts and their addresses but I want to be able to link multiple contacts to the same company...is there an easy way to do this.

Just to note that this is my first time using Access.

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well depending on how complex you want to make it... You could just import the Excel sheet in to an Access table.

ID| Name | Company | Phone
    1 | Tom Jones | Ents Ltd | 087 44542342
    2 | Peter Tork | Ents Ltd | 085 23234234
    3 | Marc Bolan | ONR Enterprises | 087 44545454

Then create forms to handle the information, and query to give you back the information based on your own criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tonkpills

A quick database I put together to get you started:
    http://db.tt/Xu9U3RYT

I have the Company and Customer in two different tables and they are linked by a third table.

Play around with what I uploaded.

PS. You can import from excel by clicking on the External Data ribbon menu and click the Excel button and use the append a copy of records to the table option.

All the above is dependant on you using Access 2007+ Good luck. Any questions just let me know.

Advertisement