Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camelot properties, live-in guardian of Grace Dieu Manor for ca. €150pm

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Fair play to them. Getting checked outt he same way a security person is sounds a bit mad but sure feck it, tis their property. Them rooms will hardly be laying about for long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

sounds a bit like the stanley kubrick film starring jack nicholson "the shining" lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Always wanted to write a looooooong book!

"all work and no play makes jack a dull boy" :p

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

Christ it's €50 for a taxi back to my place on a Saturday night. I'd nearly rent one and just crash there after a night on the beer.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

Why do they require proof of employment? Surely something like this could be aimed at those on social welfare and not in a position to get a place of their own at normal rental prices (and obviously not eligible for rent allowance)? In fact could something like this be used by someone on social welfare to get the required 6 month rental record to qualify for rent allowance (obviously if they were allowing applicants on social welfare)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Due to the current economic climate Camelot have had to relax their stance on hiring unemployed Guardians. “Being unemployed doesn’t make you a bad guardian it’s just in time of full employment it gives you a much better barometer of the type of person you’re getting” says Aidan Devlin, the Director of the Irish branch of Camelot Property Management Ltd. “Circumstances have changed and we have changed our circumstances because we realize that there are good guardians who just can’t get jobs and that shouldn’t preclude them from being guardians.”
    http://cake1983.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/camelot-europe-legalised-squatting-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

sounds a bit like the stanley kubrick film starring jack nicholson "the shining" lol

LuSJk.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Twoelles

I have been a live in guardian in London but its a shame that they are using Camelot because they have a horrendous reputation and dont really give a **** about the guardians............anyone thinking about this, please make sure you check out their notice period as I had a few friends end up on my sofa when they were left homeless by camalot only giving them 7 days to find a new home.

Advertisement