Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I didn't get the promised €40 off my first bill

Options
  • 18-05-2012 10:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

My first Eircom bill has been generated online and to be honest it is a complete mess! there are two seperate products listed on the bill instead of the one bundle I signed up to!

Also I was supposed to have free connection etc but I am not sure that is the case because the credits don't match any of the payments on the bill!

More importantly I do not seee the promised €40 discount off my first bill which should leave me with credit on my account.

Your charges for this period
    Your eircom package charges 24.79
    Your service and connection charges −5.91
    Your call charges 0.00
    VAT on F 18.88 at 23.00% 4.34
    Total charges for this period 23.22
    Total amount due by 30 May 12F 23.22

I am being charged seperately for Broadband and for line rental and calls when I signed up to a bundled offer which has not been applied.

The offers i am eligible for are the €45 instead of €50 per month for 6 months plus free connection and free modem plus discount of €40 off my first bill.

Can my bill be re-issued clearly showing the bundle I signed up for and all the relevent debits and credits as in it's current form I regard it as deliberately confusing and misleading!

There are several sections on my Eircom bill, the first is for "package charges"
    Your eircom packages
    Your package charges
    These are the charges due for package subscriptions during this billing period.
    Amount
    Next Gen. Broadband Regular
    Includes a download speed of up to 8Mb and an unlimited upload and download allowance. 30.49 Euro inc. VAT /
    24.79 Euro ex. VAT per month.
    Total package charges 24.79
    Total eircom package charges 24.79

The next section covers "Your service and connection charges"
    Your service and connection charges
    Line rental charges
    These are the charges due for the rental of lines during this billing period.
    Line type Period Quantity Unit price Total
    Residential line 05991***** 16 May 12 to 15 Jun 12 1 20.96 20.96
    Total line rental charges 20.96
    Service charges
    These are the charges for services on your phone lines during this billing period.
    Service type Period Quantity Unit price Total
    Caller display 16 May 12 to 15 Jun 12 1 0.00 0.00
    Caller display restricted 16 May 12 to 15 Jun 12 1 0.00 0.00
    Call divert wait and 3way call 16 May 12 to 15 Jun 12 1 0.00 0.00
    Total service charges 0.00
    Connection charges
    These are the charges for connection of services during this period.
    Order activity Reference Period Quantity Unit price Amount
    Provide residential line 05991***** ******** P Completed on 8 May 12 44.04
    Provide next gen. broadband regular 05991***** ******** CH Completed on 14 May 12 24.79
    Broadband promotion connection credit Completed on 16 May 12 −57.31
    Free line connection promotion Completed on 16 May 12 −44.04
    Total connection charges −32.52
    Part period charges
    Charges or credits for lines or services for the period between connection or ceasing and the date of this
    bill
    Part period type Reference Period Amount
    Charge for residential line 05991***** P 8 May 12 to 15 May 12 4.83
    Charge for next gen. broadband regular ******** CH 14 May 12 to 15 May 12 0.82
    continued
    Part period type Reference Period Amount
    Total part period charges 5.65
    Total service and connection charges −5.91

The next section is for Call charges which do not apply on this bill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

Hi foggy_lad,

I have had a look through the paper bill as it's a lot clearer than the online version. Have you gotten a copy of that yet? It was issued on the 16th May so probably won't arrive until Monday I would imagine. Just to explain the current charges, the bill covers from 8th May up to 15th June. The total charge of €23.22 is for the rental during that period. With regards the free connection, if you look at this line in the third box on your post "Provide residential line 05991***** ******** P Completed on 8 May 12 44.04" it shows the standard connection fee. 4 lines below that you will see "Free line connection promotion Completed on 16 May 12 −44.04" so that is the refund of the connection fee.

With regards the €40 discount and free connection for broadband, if you see this line (also in third box down) "Broadband promotion connection credit Completed on 16 May 12 −57.31". Including 23% VAT this amounts to €70.49 made up of €40 back for the promotion and €30.49 for broadband connection fee. The modem has already been sent free of charge. From the next bill onwards you will only have the 'package charges' and then any calls that were made will be added to that. I have confirmed you are on the correct package also, which is €45 for the first 6 months and then €50 thereafter.

The paper bill should be a lot clearer to read than the online version and apologies for that. When you get the paper one, if there are any further queries I'll be happy to answer them for you.

Regards

James

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

So I have been charged VAT on the credit on my bill? That figure for the broadband credit does not look right!

Making your bills easier to understand should be a priority instead of having situations where charges are not properly explained in the bill.

I tried to see my usage for the last week but the usage monitor provided by Eircom is a staggering 10 days behind time with the last update on the 10th May.

Will I be charged for going over the unlimited 250GB limit considering the usage monitor is so far behind and inaccurate?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    So I have been charged VAT on the credit on my bill? That figure for the broadband credit does not look right!

Making your bills easier to understand should be a priority instead of having situations where charges are not properly explained in the bill.

Just to clarify how the credit works, the amount is shown ex VAT but you get the 23% VAT added to that as a negative so the €57.31 becomes €70.49 when it is taken off the total. I understand what you mean though, it's a common question. Regarding the clarity of the bill, I do agree with you on this point, the problem is that the billing system has been around for a lot longer than most of the products so it has been adapted over time. No denying that they could be clearer though.
    I tried to see my usage for the last week but the usage monitor provided by Eircom is a staggering 10 days behind time with the last update on the 10th May.

Will I be charged for going over the unlimited 250GB limit considering the usage monitor is so far behind and inaccurate?

With regards to the usage, I can see the stats stop on the 10th May. From testing the line it seems you have to a non-eircom modem. If the current modem doesn't have the eircom settings input then it wouldn't pick up the usage. You can get help to set up 3rd party modems at this link. Once done it should start to recognise the stats again. Any problems with the setup you can also call technical support on 1890 260 260.

Regards

James

Is it not about time the bills were laid out in such a way that they are clear with clearly defined charges for Bundles and Credits so paying customers can understand them?

• Advertisement

Ok so I got my Paper Bill and it still looks wrong! I see where the Broadband connection charge and the credit amount do add up to a €40 discount when VAT is calculated but it looks like there is NO bundle discount?

The items on the bill are as follows
    Eircom Packages
    Your Package Charges
    (These are the charges due for package subscription during the billing period)
    1, Next Gen Broadband Regular(€30.49 incl VAT/€24.79 ex VAT) €24.79

TOTAL EIRCOM PACKAGE CHARGES €24.79 ex VAT

Your Service and Connection Charges
    Line Rental Charges
    (These are the charges due for the rental of lines during this billing period)
    Residential line 059-91***** €20.96 ex VAT

Service Charges €0.00

Connection Charges
    (These are the charges for connection of services during this billing period)
    Provide Residential Line €44.04
    Provide Next Gen Broadband Regular €24.79
    Broadband Promotion Connection Credit -€57.31
    Free line Connection Promotion €44.04

Total connection Charges -€32.52 ex VAT (€40 Discount with VAT calculated)

Part Period Charges €5.65

TOTAL CONNECTION AND SERVICE CHARGES -€5.91 ex VAT

Call Charges €0.00

VAT calculation €18.88 @23% = €4.34

Total bill €23.22

Now my problem is that the bundle I signed up for is not on this bill!

I should be paying €45/month for BOTH Broadband AND Line Rental and all Off Peak national and 30minutes of mobile Calls!
    But as can be clearly seen on my bill I am being charged seperately for broadband and line rental/calls to the tune of €45.75 ex VAT PLUS all my call costs!

Is it not about time the bills were laid out in such a way that they are clear with clearly defined charges for Bundles and Credits so paying customers can understand them?

As I said, I have no argument against this. One thing I can say is that as per my previous point (about the billing system being older than the products) we are currently looking at introducing a new system that will allow the option for paperless billing. At this point the structure of the bills will most likely get a facelift too.
    Ok so I got my Paper Bill and it still looks wrong! I see where the Broadband connection charge and the credit amount do add up to a €40 discount when VAT is calculated but it looks like there is NO bundle discount?

The items on the bill are as follows
    Eircom Packages
    Your Package Charges
    (These are the charges due for package subscription during the billing period)
    1, Next Gen Broadband Regular(€30.49 incl VAT/€24.79 ex VAT) €24.79

TOTAL EIRCOM PACKAGE CHARGES €24.79 ex VAT

Your Service and Connection Charges
    Line Rental Charges
    (These are the charges due for the rental of lines during this billing period)
    Residential line 059-91***** €20.96 ex VAT

Service Charges €0.00

Connection Charges
    (These are the charges for connection of services during this billing period)
    Provide Residential Line €44.04
    Provide Next Gen Broadband Regular €24.79
    Broadband Promotion Connection Credit -€57.31
    Free line Connection Promotion €44.04

Total connection Charges -€32.52 ex VAT (€40 Discount with VAT calculated)

Part Period Charges €5.65

TOTAL CONNECTION AND SERVICE CHARGES -€5.91 ex VAT

Call Charges €0.00

VAT calculation €18.88 @23% = €4.34

Total bill €23.22

Now my problem is that the bundle I signed up for is not on this bill!

I should be paying €45/month for BOTH Broadband AND Line Rental and all Off Peak national and 30minutes of mobile Calls!
    But as can be clearly seen on my bill I am being charged seperately for broadband and line rental/calls to the tune of €45.75 ex VAT PLUS all my call costs!

Can see your issue here. The total of line rental plus broadband is €45.75. With VAT the total becomes €56.27. I was concentrating on the other queries and managed to miss this. Apologies for the oversight. You are due another credit of €9.16 (€11.27 with VAT). I have now added that to the account so you will get double discount on the next bill. I have also confirmed that the package is now added fully so the discount will be automatic from now on. Apologies again that things were not explained clearly to you but any further queries I'll be happy to help.

Kind regards

James

Thanks James I'll keep an eye out for that on my next bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bordesleygreen

I have received my first Eircom bill. It doesn't include broadband as this was not active at the time it was sent. This bill does not include the €40 discount.
    My issue is that when it came to ordering, I could not do it on line. I opted to create my own package and the site would not display broadband options, only line and calls. So I phoned and bought it. The first thing i said to the opertaor was that the website wouldn't let me purchase the package I wanted.
    I feel I should get the discount. I phoned CS support and they said it should come off the next bill, but couldn't say for sure. Can Eircom support here assure me it will?

I have received my first Eircom bill. It doesn't include broadband as this was not active at the time it was sent. This bill does not include the €40 discount.
    My issue is that when it came to ordering, I could not do it on line. I opted to create my own package and the site would not display broadband options, only line and calls. So I phoned and bought it. The first thing i said to the opertaor was that the website wouldn't let me purchase the package I wanted.
    I feel I should get the discount. I phoned CS support and they said it should come off the next bill, but couldn't say for sure. Can Eircom support here assure me it will?

Hi bordesleygreen,

The info you posted above sounds correct to me. It's standard that the first bill, if it doesn't have broadband, won't get the broadband promotion added until the next bill. This is simply due to the codes that are used for each product. The code for your broadband order should be specific to the promotion you signed up for so when the broadband is added the promo comes with it. If it's missing off the next bill, PM me the account number and I'll get it added manually for you. Can't be 100% certain without checking the account but it is something that occurs fairly regularly.

Regards

James

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 bordesleygreen

Hi James
    I appreciate you getting back to me so quickly. I will come back to you if the discount is not in second bill and I do apprecaite this offer.

Many thanks

Darren

Advertisement