Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Casual Work'

Options
  • 18-05-2012 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭

I know that people in receipt of jobseekers' allowance and assistance could work part time any hours in three days, and sunday (as social welfare is not paid for Sunday anyway), though those days would have to be declared so the payment for that day could be docked.

Is this still the case, Sunday and three days of Monday to Saturday any hours?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

dusf wrote: »
    I know that people in receipt of jobseekers' allowance and assistance could work part time any hours in three days, and sunday (as social welfare is not paid for Sunday anyway), though those days would have to be declared so the payment for that day could be docked.

Is this still the case, Sunday and three days of Monday to Saturday any hours?

Thanks.

If its 3 days by 12 hour shifts this is classified as full time. Other than that you can claim for the days not worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I was going to start a thread on something similar but I'll ask here instead.

If you're claming JSA and get 4 hours work Friday and 4 hours Saturday do you have to sign off for Friday and Saturday?

Was'nt there something lately about only being paid JSA for 5 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Chucken wrote: »

If you're claming JSA and get 4 hours work Friday and 4 hours Saturday do you have to sign off for Friday and Saturday?

This only affects jsb from July. Further changes are being introduced to both jsb and jsa from Jan 2013. See link.
    http://www.welfare.ie/EN/Schemes/JobseekerSupports/jobseekersbenefit/Pages/jb.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Chucken wrote: »

Currently if you worked Friday and saturday you would claim JS for 4 days when the changes come in you would only get paid for 3 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭runswithascript

A lot of people, some prospective students for instance depending on their rate of pay, will be better off NOT working part time.

Way to go with reform Moan Burton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Thats what Im thinking too :(

She would be earning 64euro and probably loosing the same amount. It makes no sense.

Advertisement