Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expression Engine 1.6.8 SEO, Meta Tags etc

Options
  • 18-05-2012 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Thanks for reading.

I have worked on a few different sites with various CMS in the past.
    This is not my area of expertise but as part of my job I do edit content on sites etc.

I am currently updating a site which uses Expression Engine 1.6.8 and I simply cannot get my head around the SEO side of things or how it works here.
    Cannot see any options to insert meta tags, descriptions etc. There is a top tab which says SEO Settings and LG Better Meta has been installed.

I am completely clueless!When I view any content in html I do not see any sort of usual SEO indicators in the code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Quatro24 wrote: »
    I have worked on a few different sites with various CMS in the past.
    This is not my area of expertise but as part of my job I do edit content on sites etc.

I am currently updating a site which uses Expression Engine 1.6.8 and I simply cannot get my head around the SEO side of things or how it works here.
    Cannot see any options to insert meta tags, descriptions etc. There is a top tab which says SEO Settings and LG Better Meta has been installed.

I am completely clueless!When I view any content in html I do not see any sort of usual SEO indicators in the code.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Ok, a few things.

Firstly - expression engine is terrible. get it converted. a lot of our clients do this - its really worse than not having a CMS. HTML is better.

Secondly - SEO is a bit architecture/onsite and a lot off-site. On-site only creates "Relevance". You can do this via content, page titles, urls. The rest is ,frankly, overrated.

:)

Advertisement