Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G G2010 can only fire full auto

Options
  • 18-05-2012 3:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Hey, I picked up a G&G F2000 as a fixer upper. So far I've fixed the broken mag catch and made a DIY sling mount to fix the body together better as there were broken screw points and redone the wiring to bypass the fuse. I now have the issue of having no semi mode. I've tried searching online but no proper answers showed up for my problem.

Now whenever I try to shoot it in semi it will only shoot in full auto, even on a light trigger press.
    The cutoff lever has been fixed from what I can see and I'm not having lockups.
    The cutoff lever moves smoothly also and I can see it moving inside the gearbox too.
    It just won't fire semi unless I lightly tap and release the trigger before it goes full auto.
    I'm not even pressing the trigger fully, so I'm not accidently pressing the second stage.
    The trigger is locking at a certain point as it should in semi and will travel fully in full auto.

So the trigger mechanism seems to be working but it still causes the gearbox to go full auto.

Does anyone have experience with this exact problem? I'm worried that the cut off lever may be worn/broken inside the gearbox but I haven't opened it yet as I'd like to see if anything else can be done before I start opening and closing the gearbox. If it comes to it I've no problem opening it, but if it's unnecessary then I won't

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭RogueSpear

I've cut and paste this from the last time it came up and I put up post below and your right about the cut off lever even though it seems to be moving fine the problem is the worn part of the cut off lever

Usually when an aeg is firing full auto on single fire its because the cut off lever is not working. The cut off lever is engaged in single fire when the sector gear pushes on one end the other pushes the electrical connections apart ans so you only get one shot. The trigger must be released to allow another shot. When its not working the aeg will fire in full auto reguardless of selector position except safe of course. They tend to be made of a poor quality alloy and wear down. It is a tell tail sign of a well used aeg. Pic below, the circled part is where the wear occurs. Other pic is where the lever is located in the gearbox. The 3rd pic shows the spring on the outside of the gearbox that connects the cut off lever to the selector plate (if missing this could also be a cause of selector problems) but 99 times out of 100 its because the circled part on the cut off lever is worn and not working as it should. No way to fix the part as far as I know except to get a new one 5 euro or less most places. hope this helps.

picture.php?albumid=1839&pictureid=12864

picture.php?albumid=1839&pictureid=12865

picture.php?albumid=1839&pictureid=12866

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

One other thing to look at is the lower part of the switch.
    The switch block that the cut off lever engages with can come apart.
    The metal part can slide out of the plastic block and stick into the contacts.
    This normally happens due to the pin that holds it in place coming out.
    I have seen this happen personally on 2 of the G2010 switches.
    I ordered a replacement switch from G&G before for one of G2010's.
    Fitted it when it arrived and still had the same firing problem.
    It was due to the pin not being there from new. It can work for a short while without the pin, but it will then slide out of its plastic mount.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/richiesphotos/4632265761/in/photostream/lightbox/

I borrowed this photo from the internet.
    Hope this helps. Worth checking.

Advertisement