Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bono is now even filthier richer than anyone !

Options
  • 18-05-2012 2:12am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭

Fair ****s to him.

From NME:
    U2 frontman Bono will become the richest musician in the world tomorrow (May 18), overtaking Paul McCartney[/URL].

Facebook is set to float on the stock exchange tomorrow and all its early investors are set to earn huge amounts of money from the flotation, with the Irish singer among them.

The U2 singer owns 2.3 per cent of the shares in Facebook through his private equity firm, Elevation Partners, which they bought for $90 million (£57 million) in 2009 and now stands to make a handsome return.

Given the social media company is currently valued at over $100 billion (£63 billion), this makes Bono's share worth over $1.5 billion (£940 million) and puts him well above Paul McCartney, who is currently the world's richest rockstar with a fortune of £665 million.

U2 are rumoured to be working on new material with One Direction's songwriters, according to reports, with Swedish pop svengali Carl Falk, who penned the boyband's 'What Makes You Beautiful' reportedly onboard.

http://www.nme.com/news/u2/63849

So what should he do the the cash ? 28 votes

Give it to Africa
    0% 0 votes
    Give it to our government cos we're skint
    10% 3 votes
    Coke & Hookers
    21% 6 votes
    Re-invest it all in another website, Boards.ie for example !
    35% 10 votes
    Go to Vegas
    10% 3 votes
    Give it all to Lapin to mind it (carefully)
    21% 6 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Moved from AHs.

Where's the option for a bit of everything... I think he's a bit of a champ for this. I don't like but him but it doesn't take away from his business sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

Buy buy buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Buy buy buy?

no sell sell sell ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

if he doesnt give a BIG chunk and by that I mean 1/2 to 3/4 of it to his african hobby horse he would want to look at himself very closely

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I don't like him, but I'll admit, he's proved himself a shrewd business man (or he picks very good accountants). Fair f***s to him I say, maybe we'll see the U2 tower after all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

He could afford to take the risk and his gamble paid off.

I admire David Choe, the graffiti artist more. He painted Facebook's HQ a few years ago and got shares instead of cash, and is worh $200 million as a result.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2012/02/david_choe_facebook_stock_200_million_denver.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

main.jpg
    copyCamera.pngMichael N. Todaro/FilmMagic
    Though some are reporting that Elevation Partners' expected windfall would make Bono the richest rocker alive, this is not necessarily true, as the money will be split among various investors and partners associated with the group. It should also be noted that Bono would not be allowed to sell all of his shares at once, and the singer has said that money raised from his investments will largely be directed to his philanthropic work in Africa.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/bonos-investment-firm-may-make-1-5-billion-in-facebook-ipo-20120518#ixzz1vPzQQvxH

Advertisement