Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What cleaning products for interior etc do you use?

Options
  • 17-05-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

Hi there..about to start the process of cleaning down the interior of a car that has been stood for a very long time! Its in pretty much perfect order but basically needs a good valet. I really dont want to use anything that might damage the materials.. its MB Tex seating and there is wood trim on windows etc.
    What do you use?? I'm wary of trying household type stuff.. and also wary of using motor Factor type products on a 40 year old car... maybe I'm overly worried..
    I have bought engine degreaser from a chain of motor factors, but havent been brave enough to try it yet, not really sure about the whole 'apply then Power wash' off part!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭SilverBell

johnty56 wrote: »
    Hi there..about to start the process of cleaning down the interior of a car that has been stood for a very long time! Its in pretty much perfect order but basically needs a good valet. I really dont want to use anything that might damage the materials.. its MB Tex seating and there is wood trim on windows etc.
    What do you use?? I'm wary of trying household type stuff.. and also wary of using motor Factor type products on a 40 year old car... maybe I'm overly worried..
    I have bought engine degreaser from a chain of motor factors, but havent been brave enough to try it yet, not really sure about the whole 'apply then Power wash' off part!!

A mate of mine put me on to AutoGlymTFR (traffic film remover) for the interior. Its very good, and leaves a clean but "bare" finish. Dilute it down to about 20:1 and spray it on, give it a minute and wipe off. It worked well on my 124 CE door trim and headlining. Dont saturate the door cards as you dont want them to swell. A toothbrush is useful for crevices.

Follow up whatever you've cleaned with a conditioner or wax of some sort to give shine back.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irshmerc

Hi, how you doing

I use diluted washing up liguid firstly, it gets a lot of ****e off of MB tex, then any of the meguiars products for internals, i think most of the top makers are pretty much the same, remember MB tex is just a posh vinyl which in turn is a petrolium based product.
    The wood trim in that age of merc has a thick coating of varnish and if not cracked should just need a wipe down with soapy water.
    Which mercedes are we talking about?

Good luck

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Im hoping to get the roof lining on the mini clean. There's a few stains here and there and slight yellowing. Can anyone recommend something safe for it?

Advertisement