Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteer Work

Options
  • 17-05-2012 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi I am doing TY next year as its compulsory but I wouldn't do it otherwise. Everyone in my school says its a waste of time as they do anything.

Would there be any way that my school would let me have time off for voluneteer work maybe?! Like sitting in a classroom all day doing nothing is going to be so boring (and that's basically all they do apparently)

So would there be anyway I could get like 2 afternoons a week off school to go do some work! Or does it not work that way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 nailvarnish16

Like I'm just after finishing TY and I loved it so much like I was in everything that they interviewed us for and got Bank Manager for Build a Bank, debating, modelling, TY1 co-ordinator, M.C. for our TY graduation and stuff outside school like Comhairle na nog, so it's no way boring if you go forward for everything!!

In third year though I went to my principal about going to San Francisco for work experience as all my uncles and their families live over there and my principal was all for it and even gave me the idea of going over for 6 months on foreign exchange but it turned out to cost 10,000euro to go to private school over their and they couldn't find work experience for me.....But it shows that schools like when you do things different and don't mind if your out of class

Advertisement