Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Z-Wave / Zigbee cookers

Options
  • 17-05-2012 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Are there any cookers (range cookers ideally) that can be controlled with z-wave / zigbee, or any other similar remote control system?

I Googled around a bit, double checked that it was 2012, Googled some more but came up short. I had assumed there would be loads out there. Am I searching for the wrong thing, or do I have to wait another decade?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,436 ✭✭✭✭Alun

One question ... why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Alun wrote: »
    One question ... why?

Preheat oven remotely.

It sounds like such a device could be extremly dangerous due to you not being present when the oven is switched on, how can you be sure that the door is shut and that there is nothing in it that shouldn't be in it!

Remote control is great if there is no danger from such systems to others within the household.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

It sounds like such a device could be extremly dangerous due to you not being present when the oven is switched on, how can you be sure that the door is shut and that there is nothing in it that shouldn't be in it!

Remote control is great if there is no danger from such systems to others within the household.

Control-4 & Wolf would appear to think otherwise.

If anyone has any answers to the original question I'd appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭wytch

I use the "ring the missus" technology. Not only does it preheat the oven, it is a complete solution. The dinner does be on the table at the desired time. I got mine from match.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement