Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tennis: Does your club operate a court booking system

Options
  • 17-05-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

Hi All,

Lately I've gotten involved on the committee of my local tennis club after being a member/player for a few years.

I have some ideas that I think might help make things better but I want to have some bit of research done before proposing any changes.

The first thing is our court booking system. We currently just use a paper sheet on our notice board. You write your name in the free space and the court is yours for that time.

This system has a lot of merits. Its simple to use and virtually free. But I can't help thinking an internet based booking system would be better.

So my question to you is what way does your club operate its booking system and if you could maybe tell me what you like/dislike about it.

Also, links to clubs that have online booking systems would be very useful.

Thanks.

Does your Tennis Club operate a court booking system? 5 votes

No, we have no booking system. Its first come first served
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, we have a paper based system.
    20% 1 vote
    Yes, we have an online system
    60% 3 votes
    Yes, we have a phone based system
    20% 1 vote
    Yes, we have some other system or combination of systems.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

We use an online system here in Ennis and there is a computer in the clubhouse for on site booking.

Works perfectly fine. But only if you use IE, which sucks balls.

Oh and I hate the people who don't look at it first, but just show up and take a court.

Here you go:

http://www.ennistennis.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭redzerredzer

reservemycourt.com works well for us.
    using it for about a year now after 30 years of sheets of paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

There should be more of a use it or lose policy. Nothing more irratating to be told that an astro court is reserved and you settle for a tarmac one and 40 minutes later the people eventually arrive to take their court.
    I suggest a 10 minute grace period. If the original bookers dont turn up within 10 minutes they are shuffled down to a lesser court and actual people that have bothered to turn up get preference. This will keep people honest about turning up on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭dizzyg

Our club went through the same process of moving from a paper booking system to an online version about two years ago and I have to say, it works brilliantly.

The committee like it because they get to block book courts for league etc, and for the reports they get (no-shows etc), and the members like it because it saves a trip to the club to book a court.

Drop me a PM if you want me to go into more detail.

I must declare a vested interest here - I wrote the application for our club. I won't give you the full sales pitch (unless you want it), but I can go through what works and what doesn't for us. There was some teething problems and reluctance from the members initially, but we definitely wouldn't go back now.

Advertisement