Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dvd/cd driver missing

Options
  • 17-05-2012 4:35pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Was cleaning up my dad's laptop for him today and I must have deleted/unistalled the driver for the dvd cd drive,he's using windows xp,he doesn't have the cd for it though,is there anyway to get it back?the d: icon isn't showing up in my computer either

any advice

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sorted it I think,basically went in the registry and deleted a few files in the correct folder and rebooted and it was back but then there was no sound and was getting a error code 28,so then all I think about doing was a system restore,that did the job but the dvd driver was missing again *sigh* so had to go back into the registry and find the folder and delete those two files again and it appears to be ok again :o

Advertisement