Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brass Hose Connector/Splitter each €4.99

Options
  • 17-05-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

I got one of these today, as i needed the 4" adjustable brass spray nozzle, ¾" tap adaptor,
    but what is the
    ½" connector with waterstop and ½" connector without waterstop do?

As i wanted the above 2 brass connections for a better fit, on the packet it says:
    ½" brass connector without waterstop - black rubber washer inside - for the end of the hose and

½" brass connector with waterstop - red rubber washer inside - for further connecions.

Thanks for any info on this.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I got one of these today, as i needed the 4" adjustable brass spray nozzle, ¾" tap adaptor,
    but what is the ½" connector with waterstop and ½" connector without waterstop do?

As i wanted the above 2 brass connections for a better fit, on the packet it says:
    ½" brass connector without waterstop - black rubber washer inside - for the end of the hose and

½" brass connector with waterstop - red rubber washer inside - for further connecions.

Thanks for any info on this.

Its for when you want to extend a hose with another length of hose.

The water stop prevents water from leaving the hose when you unjoin both lengths of hose.

you will still need to buy a "quick connector" though.1 euro in BnQ or Homebase.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

The one with the waterstop will stop the water flowing out of the hose when you have nothing connected to it, which saves you a trip to the tap to turn the water off when changing say a nozzle to a sprinkler. The one without the waterstop won't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

jeckle wrote: »
    The one with the waterstop will stop the water flowing out of the hose when you have nothing connected to it, which saves you a trip to the tap to turn the water off when changing say a nozzle to a sprinkler. The one without the waterstop won't.

Also what Keckle said.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Thanks very much for the replies, as i thought it may be silly to ask, but i'll wait & see.

I thought those quick connectors were standard as i had a few collected overtime for handiness, but one of the 2 connected didnt seem large enough when i noticed water leaking from it!
    I'll have to look out for that anymore.

Advertisement