Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stop for lunch on road from Limerick to Galway

Options
  • 17-05-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Driving from Cork to Galway tomorrow and I'm wondering if there's any small town in Clare, not too far from the main Limerick to Galway road, that would make a good pit stop on the journey? I don't want to go too far off the beaten track. I was thinking maybe Corofin, are there many restaurants/cafes there? Any info or suggestions would be great, thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

Corofin is a good spot but quite a way off the main road. you can drive through to Gort from there though. Good lunch can be had at Bofey Quinn's, The Corofin Arms or the Inchiquinn Inn/Anne's Kitchen.

It's not a detour I'd take though as it'd add half an hour driving time at least to your journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

Bunratty has a good choice of places to eat. Gallagher's, Clarke's, The Creamery and Durty Nellies. But if you want to travel further and make best use of the dual carriageway/motorway then head for Gort, though it isn't the most picturesque of towns. Clarinbridge further up the road is a nice village but it's only twenty minutes from Galway City so it's up to you.

Oh and Kilcolgan is on the main road also, Raftery's Rest is a grand spot. I've had breakfast there quite a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

I'd second Bunratty, nice grub in JP Clarkes. 2 mins off the motorway not long after the tunnel in Limerick.
    Corofin is miles off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Cheers for all the suggestions, Bunratty it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭patspost

Bunratty is a goos spot, JP Clarkes is nice.
    If you were to go into Shannon, the Zest Restraunt in teh town centre is good.

Further north, Morans on the Weir in Kilcolgan, sea food spot is good.

Enjoy the trip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrLaurel

Just across the road from Clarkes is the Creamery bar which has very good bar food and is a mecca for tourists.

Next door to Creamery is Meadows Byrne which I'm assurred by the missus is very good. You'll see these places as you drive by on the motorway

Advertisement