Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobseekers

Options
  • 17-05-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi i was just wonder if anyone else was in the same situation as me,
    I am married with 3 children have worked in the same job for nearly 15 years,8 full time and the rest working 20 hours this was an arrangement wit my employer on returning from maternity leave in january my employer who is a new manager informed me my postion was no longer available they offered me another job but wit different hours which ment because of child care i couldnt do after long ordeal wit unions i finally handed in my notice,i know there is a 9 week suspension for leaving a job but was wonder because my husband works would i be entitled to any state benefit?
    if anyone knows or is in similar situation i would be grateful of advice
    thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If you have enough stamps for 2010 you will be able to claim JSB http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_benefit.html The 9 weeks is at the desecration of the dept a letter outlining why you left you employment should help with this.JSB is not means tested husband working will not matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mols78

Great thanks for your advice just waiting on my p45 and i can start the process

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

you dont need to have your p45 with you to start a claim,sign on straight away you can bring in the p45 when you get it.

Advertisement