Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel/Transport to UL

Options
  • 17-05-2012 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi folks,
    Curious as to what students in UL do who need to be there for early AM starts who are say travelling from Dublin?
    I know the 7am train to Cork stops at Limerick Junction around 8.30 I think, but how do you get to UL from there?
    Are there regular buses from Dublin City centre to/from the campus?
    Driving time wise would I right in thinking it'd be 90 minutes to/from Dublin?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I drive to Dublin regularly and I live very near UL, its takes at least 2 hours keeping the speed limits, I have been known to do it in an hour 45, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Delta Kilo

Dublin coach do a brilliant service, the M7 express, which leaves Westmoreland street every hour and drops you to the middle of the UL campus in a little over 2 hours, very comfortable coaches too and their are only 3 stops before UL so its like a direct service. Its ten euro each way.

Train is awkward tbh, you have to change Train on some of them and then you have to get the public bus to UL from the city center which could take an extra 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 traveller2

Thanks for that reply. Just checked out the Dublincoach website. Very impressive. Are there toilets on board?
    Figured as much with the train, really between the hassle of connecting bus at one end and getting to Heuston at the other, the coach looks very attractive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

traveller2 wrote: »
    Are there toilets on board?

Nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

traveller2 wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    Curious as to what students in UL do who need to be there for early AM starts who are say travelling from Dublin?
    I know the 7am train to Cork stops at Limerick Junction around 8.30 I think, but how do you get to UL from there?
    Are there regular buses from Dublin City centre to/from the campus?
    Driving time wise would I right in thinking it'd be 90 minutes to/from Dublin?
    Thanks

You get a connecting train from Limk Junction to town and then get the city bus from there

Tbh I'd favour the Dublin Coach because it will drop you on campus as opposed to town

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

until this last year the only realistic way of getting in for early was driving down yourself. The advent of dublin coaches bus service has compeltely changed this, some of the people who drove home at the weekends to dublin are actually ditching the car and taking the bus, that's how good the dc service is, especially if you live in the southside area.

I think the train is very expensive and actually isn't quicker than the bus if you're going to UL not town and don't live within 5 mins of hueston.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

The bus proobably works out cheaper than driving with the price of fuel too. youd surely burn more than 20 quid driving.

There's also wifi on the bus too which is handy to burn some time.

The train would be awkward as you have to stop and change to limerick station at limerick junction and then walk to william street to get the 308 bus which is never on time.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

OhMSGlive wrote: »
    Nope.

There is toilets on some of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 376 ✭✭cambridge

dibkins wrote: »
    There is toilets on some of them.

there's usually a lucozade bottle floating around the back seat alright

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Used dublin coach many times at this stage, highly recommended and very punctual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement