Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tell if a GBB pistol Nozzle is re-enforced or not.

Options
  • 16-05-2012 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

I bought one of these ages ago and never used it but now want to sell
    it to someone I work with:
    http://airsoftguns.ie/we-tech/271-we-hi-capa-51-co2-dragon-silver.html
    I've only ever fired it to see if it worked and its been sitting in its box since.
    (its only seen 3-4 mags worth of use)

When I initially bought it it had a Propane~134a style mag with it and the lad
    in the shop just swapped it out for a C02 mag. This kinda alarmed me at the time as I had see other gun manufactures use different coloured nozzles
    such as Blue or Red for their C02 guns. When I asked the guys in the shop
    they said that their supplier sends out the same guns but with different mags
    and the Nozzles are all the same colour. When I google reenforced nozzles
    that are WE brand compatible they appear to be grey rather than brightly coloured. so both the standard 134a nozzle re-enforced ones appear to be the same colour.

Whats worrying is when I see this:
    http://airsoft-guns-blog.pyramydair.com/2011/07/we-hicapa-series-blowing-apart-blowback.html

I've no way of telling if the nozzle in the stock gun is up for the job
    of handling C02 and sure as hell dont want to sell a gun to a NOOB
    if they crack off a load of shots break it and come back crying for their money back a day or two later.

I could just buy an 134a or green gas mag and take the risk factor out of
    the sale but if I'm getting rid of the gun why pay more money just to sell it.

~B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭mallachyrivers

You ask it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Troll much mallachy??

Alright fella, WE air nozzles are tokyo marui compatible so you can source one there, there essentially full metal marui's with ever so slight differences.

I personally never knew that nozzles are colored in accordance to what gas is used.

134a is a low pressure gas generally used in plastic pistols and other guns that are not designed to perform under extreme stress. Green gas which is essentially propane with silicon oil mixed is pretty much the norm for full metal aegs and gbbr. CO2 does have a quite a kick to it and can shorten the life of parts not to mention that more routine maintenance is required on your pistol as there is zero lubricant in CO2 and can dry up your seals.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but I think the nozzle will be fine if you look after and service your pistol regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Yep know about the gas types already but was unsure if WE used
    different colour nozzles nowadays for their guns to distinguish them.

A re-enforced nozzle that's TM/WE compatible is only a tenner
    to buy online if needed (but dont want to have to do this if flogging the gun) its just its still grey in colour so I've no way of telling if the nozzle in the
    stock gun I bought was re-enforced or not.

134a was a very useful gas for getting an otherwise over the limit GBB
    down to under 1j by using 134a instead of propane. :D

134a these days is very hard to get and the price has rocketed to nearly
    double green gas/propane prices as its now banned circa 2011 and is being replaced with 144a medium strength gas (which at a guess is a mixture of butane and propane combined similar to the begadi branded medium gas)
    Abby one of the main supplier of this gas as far as I can remember issued
    statements last year saying they could no longer sell it.

~B

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

bullets wrote: »
    Yep know about the gas types already but was unsure if WE used
    different colour nozzles nowadays for their guns to distinguish them.

A re-enforced nozzle that's TM/WE compatible is only a tenner
    to buy online if needed (but dont want to have to do this if flogging the gun) its just its still grey in colour so I've no way of telling if the nozzle in the
    stock gun I bought was re-enforced or not.

134a was a very useful gas for getting an otherwise over the limit GBB
    down to under 1j by using 134a instead of propane. :D

134a these days is very hard to get and the price has rocketed to nearly
    double green gas/propane prices as its now banned circa 2011 and is being replaced with 144a medium strength gas (which at a guess is a mixture of butane and propane combined similar to the begadi branded medium gas)
    Abby one of the main supplier of this gas as far as I can remember issued
    statements last year saying they could no longer sell it.

~B

Crap my bad dude, missed the part of you selling it to a person, but like I said I still reckon it should be fine.

Run a good few round through it yourself and check for signs of cracks, its better you break it rather than the person your guna sell it to. Least then you can fix it and be confident that when you sell it that it's not going to break with the reinforced part!

Advertisement