Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush 42" Full HD 3D LCD €479.99

Options
  • 16-05-2012 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=13352&langId=111&searchTerms=bush+42&authToken=#tabrev

Bought it today. Hard to resist at that price. Comes with 4 pairs of glasses, and you can get a Bush 3D Blu-Ray Player for 52 euro when you buy the TV (I opted for it).

Quality is good. Better than I expected. Image good, 3D also decent, only tested it with Underworld 3D and Crysis 2 on 360, but was good on both counts. Has 2xUSB ports and plays media from these; I tried a 720P MKV and it played flawlessly.

Downside - fairly tinny, mediocre sound quality. Doesn't bother me as it's hooked up to an amp, but not great if being used on its own. Also not Saorview...again this doesn't bother me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Thought I would update this. The 3D has proven stellar, as good as any I've seen on other brand of TVs, but after 3 weeks, the component is acting up, and there's an annoying flicker/shimmer effect all over the screen.

Thumbs down. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ShaunC

If there is a problem with the tv notify the shop asap. Within 28 days they have to replace the set.
    Usually you get 28 days to opt for a 5 year warranty. Might be a good idea with a cheaper make.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Argos are pretty good with their Warranty. They replaced a faulty bush tv for me after 18 months without any quibbles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

No, in fairness, they were perfect, gave me a refund, decent service overall, no reason to fault them.

Regards the TV, it was disappointing, because for 480, the 3D was as good as any LG, Toshiba or similar set I've seen in the sub €800 bracket. Went for a 46" Toshiba Smart Active 3D TV instead, I guess when it's something you're using daily for the indefinite future, it's worth investing in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,932 ✭✭✭dodzy

Time to rename the thread or lock it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It is 549.99 now.

Advertisement