Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L96 Upgrading questions.

Options
  • 16-05-2012 4:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone, looking for some advice on upgrading an ASG L96 , specifically the hop up.
    I would like to put a tightbore into it, but from videos I have watched the hop system is not compatible with AEG barrels, can anyone give me some advice on this?
    Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

You can buy aftermarket hopup chambers (by PDI, if I'm not mistaken) which allow for AEG barrels & Hop up rubbers.

As far as bolt action hop up rubbers, there really is only one name...and unfortunately it is synonymous with "out of stock" - the firefly soft bucking. The same hop up rubber does all TM based pistols etc, so it sells out quickly. I would advise logging onto every Asia-based website and selecting 'stock alert' if you're to have any hope of securing any. You can also buy aftermarket APS2 barrels; Madbull make one, as do Laylax etc.

Since it's a bolty though, you will probably get good results with the Tanio-Koba twist. It is nearly twice/thrice the price of a standard tightbore, but the results are reported to be seriously impressive when used in sub 1 joule power limits with bolt action rifles.

Oh, and I forgot the zero resistance trigger, as well as the springs.

The most important thing before upgrading a sniper rifle is to go outside, dig a really big hole (don't stop until you're exhausted), and then dump all your money into it - it simulates the feeling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Expensive, but as Inari said, worth it.

http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=905&sub=133&subcat=Hop%20Up%20Rubbers

I have this along with a 6.01 barrel in my Bar-10 and it's brilliant.

Advertisement