Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steyr M9-A1

Options
  • 16-05-2012 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

I see ASG are supplying a 2J and 3.3J version of this pistol. Has anybody heard of a 1J version available anywhere? Or could a 2J version have the valve replaced to shoot at 1J?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Just had a browse of ASG's website - the 3J ones are 4.5mm BB guns, so obviously not Airsoft related.

I couldn't see a 1 joule version though. Downgrading pistols is a notoriously one of the biggest pains, however there are options. Limiting the valve with a small grommet is one of the main ones, and is the preferred method of Tanaka Works, a Japanese manufacturer subject to strict firearms laws (i.e. absolutely MUST produce under 1 joule and be completely incapable of firing a live round or criminal proceedings, as they've found out in the past)

So in short, it's possible...but you'd have to get the pistol in first to do it, which is a risk in itself. Personally I'd say there are plenty of other fish in the sea...lower maintenance fish :P :D

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Hadn't spotted the BB size. The S&W M&P has a similar style and size might look at that instead.

Advertisement