Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IACT eLearning iDTP Master Diploma

Options
  • 16-05-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

HI guys,

I was wondering if any of you had heard anything about the IACT eLearning in Dublin. Considering doing a Diploma in Desk Top Publishing with them as I have a good quote from them.

Just wondering if there are any horror stories or anything I should know before handing out any money. I'm looking at doing the Adobe online package covering Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator.

I am working with a photographer at them moment, and could do with upping my skills set. I have used very little of Photoshop and InDesign but know my way around a little.

Mainly I just want to know of any good or bad outcomes with the certification you get at the end after sitting an exam.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 daraclare

Hi, did you go for this course? They currently have a groupon deal for €200:
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/dublin-special/IACT/6653331

I'm trying to find out if it's a recognised diploma - I doubt it as it they refer to it as a IACT iDTP Master Diploma but I might be wrong. Have emailed them but no reply as yet. Also, I'm a little dubious when they refer to it as "Desktop Publishing" as opposed to "Graphic Design" but that's just terminology. The tutor uses a windows computer on the demo video but I assume it will work on mac as well, hopefully they'll let me know soon enough.

Will reply here if I hear back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 reddipdeb

I did I signed up for the course, they even let me set up a payment plan.

I enquired about the certification and they sent me on the below details; I have to say the modules are very extensive and detailed. Although I have not completed much yet! :) I would definitely recommend the course (especially at the groupon deal) I am using a mac and find it great as the guy in the tutorial also lets you know the commands on the Mac Keyboard etc.

Let me know what you think if you take the deal;

Click on the link below for further details on the course content:
    http://www.iact.ie/dtp_brochure
    Our DTP Master course is our most popular course in desk top publishing & graphic Design. This is a diploma course which has a very high standing in the marketplace. It covers:
    · Principles of Design

· Adobe InDesign
    · Adobe Photoshop
    · Adobe Illustrator
    · Round Up
    Our DTP Master classes are taught by experienced graphic designers and our classes are restricted to a maximum of 9 participants which guarantees a high teacher/student ratio. As I mentioned on the phone this course is very popular with companies training their in-house graphics team who need to be fully trained in the corporate standard DTP packages. The main benefit of this is saving on price, however it also allows for greater flexibility for your publications and adverts, enabling you to make changes more quickly and cost effectively. This course will also show you how to design logos, letterheads and business cards using these industry standard packages, again making savings for your company on previously out-sourced design. In addition, the course has a commercial focus, showing participants how to prepare documents correctly for print and importantly how to make print job cost effective with clever use of toning colours etc.
    The diploma is awarded to students who complete a DTP project and pass 3 exams following the course. The IACT DTP Diploma is well regarded in the marketplace and ensures that you reach a high level of standard in using the applications and also gives a good sense of achievement on completion of the course. IACT also offer 12 months post course support to assist you with any problems you may have when you are putting your new skills to use back in the office environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 daraclare

Hi, I rang IACT today and have decided against the course as it is not a recognised diploma, despite the course title and it's only 30 hours long, so works out very expensive for an online course, compared to Lynda.com or Creative Edge courses. I do like the idea of having an exam or test at the end which I'm not sure the others provide but I don't think it's worth the expense.
    I hope I haven't put a dampener on your enthusiasm but let me know how you get on and if I'm wrong about the course, hope I am!
    Thanks, Dara

Advertisement