Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From Killiney to Sandyford - Dublin 18 - 16

Options
  • 16-05-2012 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi everyone :)

I need to go from Killiney to Sandyford every day, anyone knows what's the best way to go? What bus would I have to take?

Thanks v much in advance :)

Edu

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Not sure if there is an option of just one bus to get you there.
    The 75 from Dun Laoghaire might do the job sort of (but it is the least reliable bus of all time)
    Go to Dublin Bus website, they have a route planner which should show you the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EduMoral

Hi, thanks for the answer. But, with the route planner is a big mess. The route planner send me to Stephens green or marrion square and then bus to sandyford... :confused:

DavyD_83 wrote: »
    Not sure if there is an option of just one bus to get you there.
    The 75 from Dun Laoghaire might do the job sort of (but it is the least reliable bus of all time)
    Go to Dublin Bus website, they have a route planner which should show you the best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Where in Killiney are you?

Reason I ask is that Killiney is a big place!

You could try get the Dart from Killiney to Blackrock and get the 114 to Sandyford, presume it is the industrial estate you are looking for.

You could try to get to Cherrywood to get the Luas up. Or you could try to get to the N11 and get the Finnegan's bus up either.

thanks a lot!!

I need to go from church road (killiney) to Sandyford luas stop.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Where in Killiney are you?

Reason I ask is that Killiney is a big place!

You could try get the Dart from Killiney to Blackrock and get the 114 to Sandyford, presume it is the industrial estate you are looking for.

You could try to get to Cherrywood to get the Luas up. Or you could try to get to the N11 and get the Finnegan's bus up either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

EduMoral wrote: »
    thanks a lot!!

If that's the road from the Graduate down to the N11, you could walk to Cherrywood. Looking at 20 minutes down ( and 35 minutes up :D )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

thanks a lot!!

Just walk down to the Cherrywood LUAS. You're only ten minutes walk at most from it.

Thanks Piliger,

I guess that´s the best way :D
    Piliger wrote: »
    Just walk down to the Cherrywood LUAS. You're only ten minutes walk at most from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Thanks Piliger,

I guess that´s the best way :D

I used to live, until recently, near Ballybrack village ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,473 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

7 to Cherrywood Luas and Luas up from there.
    otherwise 7b* from Church road to White's cross and walk up the road or wait for a 114
    Also it's a comfortable cycle and should take less than the PT time if an option for you.

* 7b morning rushhour or there is a single 145 that goes via Church and Churchview Road. (a bit messy to time on the way home though)

kinda depends on where on Church Road as to how exactly that'd suit, it's pretty long and 7 / 7b only serve parts of it.

Advertisement