Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest to Dundrum

Options
  • 16-05-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Wondering if anyone knows the best/quickest way to get from Citywest to Dundrum by bus/luas/train???????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Really not that easy to do, I work in CityWest and used to have awful trouble commuting to and from it when I was in Monkstown.

Realistically you're going to have to get two rides to get there. either red luas line or one of the city centre buses (65B) into city centre and then out again using the green luas line or one of the buses to Dundrum (no idea of numbers here)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,603 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It is far easier than that.

LUAS or 77a to Tallaght and 75 to Dundrum. (75 should take about 40 minutes).

No need to go anywhere near the city centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,422 ✭✭✭RedXIV

lxflyer wrote: »

^ I'm only in Dublin 2 years so go with this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

^^^

yeah that is the fasted way to get from citywest to dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I'd do Luas if it's peak times you'll be travelling...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

lxflyer wrote: »

your looking at about 90 minutes, so i wouldn't call that easy. 75 isn't very frequent, and can take much longer the 40 minutes.

red line to town takes an hour. then you have to get to green line, and gert home so about 100 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

ted1 wrote: »
    your looking at about 90 minutes, so i wouldn't call that easy. 75 isn't very frequent, and can take much longer the 40 minutes.

red line to town takes an hour. then you have to get to green line, and gert home so about 100 minutes

easIER

Takes about 40-45 minutes to cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

ted1 wrote: »

As someone who commuted on the 75 every single day for 6 years I have to strongly disagree with that.

From Tallaght in the mornings it is every 20 minutes and it DOES take 40 minutes to get to Dundrum.

During the day it's every 30 minutes, but it is reliable - it comes when it is supposed to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭mccarte2

Takes about 40-45 minutes to cycle.

What's the best (safest) route to cycle it?

mccarte2 wrote: »
    What's the best (safest) route to cycle it?

Good news. Your looking at cycle lanes nearly all the way.
    Say from Citywest, you would probably want to get onto the new road that goes past the swimming pool. Turn left onto the tallaght bypass.

Then there are a coule of routes

Turn right at the village up past Aherns , straight all the way will bring you to Marley/Ballinteer

OR
    Keep going on the bypass to the spawell, then turn right and left to bring you to rathfarnham->nutgrove->dundrum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

I know it's a while since there's been a post on here, but what is the best way to go Dundrum -> Citywest these days, or is it still the same?
    :pac:

No change, except you can take the 65b to Firhouse Road and change to the 75 there.

Use www.a-b.ie (the NTA National Journey Planner) and put in exact locations.

Advertisement