Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chael Sonnen on Joe Rogan's podcast

Options
  • 16-05-2012 1:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭

Anybody listen? Chael is a such a natural in this setting. It was a fascinating discussion, ranging from sociology to MMA and an interesting segue into DB Cooper. Chael also said that the current system for exposing use of PEDs is pretty much junk science, although I suppose he has a dog in that fight himself.

Either way, pretty interesting to hear a long conversation with the guy, pretty much closes out the questions as to whether he's really a nutcase or just a top notch showman who knows how to put on a performance in press conferences etc. He came across as very intelligent, a genuinely nice guy as well as well read and interesting on top of being as funny as fuck. Recommended highly to any Chael fans.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Anybody listen? Chael is a such a natural in this setting. It was a fascinating discussion, ranging from sociology to MMA and an interesting segue into DB Cooper. Chael also said that the current system for exposing use of PEDs is pretty much junk science, although I suppose he has a dog in that fight himself.

Either way, pretty interesting to hear a long conversation with the guy, pretty much closes out the questions as to whether he's really a nutcase or just a top notch showman who knows how to put on a performance in press conferences etc. He came across as very intelligent, a genuinely nice guy as well as well read and interesting on top of being as funny as fuck. Recommended highly to any Chael fans.
    The joe rogan podcast produces some gems sometimes I think they said mike dolce is coming on soon might be a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭SevereMMA

Yea it was great

I'm a big fan of the podcast, never miss one

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I used to listen to Rogans podcast all the time but I haven't tuned in for a good while now. I'll have to listen back to this one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Charlie3dan

I'm a regular listener and I think this is one of the best I've heard from Joe.
    For one thing, it's great to hear some lengthly discussion on MMA and secondly Chael is just an interesting guy.

One thing though, after the first 20 mins I was starting to feel like I'm wasting my time training if I'm not taking performance enhancers :)

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Thought they both sounded like a pair of tossers to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

Just listening now, the buying Chris Leben's stories for $100 part is absolutely hilarious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

jayteecork wrote: »
    Thought they both sounded like a pair of tossers to be honest.

You think so? Why's that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,432 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Watched half of it last night. I'll watch the rest later. I thought most of what they were saying was right but I don't agree with Rogans view on PEDs. He was basically saying he sees no problem with it. That's ridiculous imo.
    When Chael is being himself and not the promo machine, he is a very interesting and likeable guy. Seems very intelligent and down to earth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭stealinhorses

I wonder if the guy he's talking about actually is DB Cooper :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I wonder if the guy he's talking about actually is DB Cooper :P.

I'd never heard of DB Cooper before. Fascinating story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Db_cooper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

Roar wrote: »
    I'd never heard of DB Cooper before. Fascinating story

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Db_cooper

You'd love Prison Break, seriously, check it out.

Advertisement