Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get iv sedation down south?

Options
  • 16-05-2012 12:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

hi there,i was wondering do any boards.ie members or guests know where i could get intraveneous sedation down south..

as i have a huge phobia of getting anything done to my teeth,or anybody near my teeth for that matter..

would appreciate if anybody could answer this..

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

... just to follow up does anybody know of anybody in limerick or near the limerick area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

hi there,i was wondering do any boards.ie members or guests know where i could get intraveneous sedation down south..

as i have a huge phobia of getting anything done to my teeth,or anybody near my teeth for that matter..

would appreciate if anybody could answer this..

from a previous post of yours
    'dentists here are a rip off they see you comingrolleyes.gif'

:pac:

Sounds like you've a phobia paying for it too!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Christmas.. your posts are frankly odd.

You go from saying all dentists are a rip off, to all dentists bar your own are a rip off, to not having been to a dentist in years to want to get sedation.

Make up your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Izzy j

I've had I've sedation twice at <snip>, Dalkey co. Dublin. Found it excellent

Christmas.. your posts are frankly odd.

You go from saying all dentists are a rip off, to all dentists bar your own are a rip off, to not having been to a dentist in years to want to get sedation.

Make up your mind.

**mod edit**

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Take a look at your posts in this forum.
    went to a dentist ***mod edit**** it was a dreadful experience i wouldnt advise him,complete A*****,he wanted to extract three teeth,i went to another dentist and he said i didnt need any..moneygrabbers
    oh ya their cheaper but very painful!!!!:eek: i just hate the whole thing..actually have to go to a dentist soon enough,keep putting it off though..i got decay on the sides of my teeth just at the gumline,two in total,as im a total dentophobe im travelling all the way to newry co.down to get them done as they use anaesthetic and gas its a dental clinic that deals with people who have the fear like me
    stick with your local if you are familiar with him comfortable around him/her stick with what ya know..
    my local only charges a very low fee none of this thousands nonsense like i got off some dentists..

You have went from
    -> Going to a dentist and he was a money grabber
    -> Having your own cheap dentist (if this is the case why did you go to someone else?)
    -> Going to Newry for dental care

You are either going to get dental work done or not, instead each post is different.

Anymore language and you will be taking a holiday.

It is my perogotive if i want to shop around for dentists,if you have nothing positive to add get off the thread,instead of throwing your weight around being negative..i am only interested in users who have 1) a positive contribution to make
    2) more importantly,an answer to my question on this thread
    with due respect,kindly,get off my thread, if you have neither of these to offer.

It is my perogotive if i want to shop around for dentists,if you have nothing positive to add get off the thread,instead of throwing your weight around being negative..i am only interested in users who have 1) a positive contribution to make
    2) more importantly,an answer to my question on this thread
    with due respect,kindly,get off my thread, if you have neither of these to offer.

You can shop around thats not the issue.
    You are contradicting yourself in your posts, saying you have been to 2 dentists and one tried to rip you off (despite extractions being cheaper than fillings)

You would get a positive contribution if you didnt change the goalposts.

You need to list out here what treatment you need.
    You have get to offer any specific information apart from you have decay.

I am not throwing my weight around, I am a mod of this forum and need to ensure that any information posted here is true and accurate and that nobody is on here to moan and create hassle.

If indeed you are looking for dental advice you couldnt have come to a better place, but you vague and rambling posts dont help anyone especially you.

Frankly the last sentence amused me, but I will be clear arguing with me on this thread will result in me locking the thread and you getting a weeks ban.

Now lets get back on topic.
    Post the details of your issue and I'm sure someone can give some advice and recommend somewhere around the Shannon region for IV Sedation

In my earlier posts i said that i was offered a combination of different work on my teeth not just extractions,im not here to argue and have negative input,all i was looking for was an anwser to my question,not for someone to undermine what i have said.
    I got your pm also.I agree we should get back to the point of the thread im in no argument about that.

...I have four fillings to get,i was offered extractions but i dont want to go down that route..i have went to a few people to get the best quotes,what im looking for is a few names of dentists that operate in the limerick area that do iv sedation..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭cassi

Christmas, if it's for fillings then you don't need sedation! It'll just add to your costs in the hundreds! This is coming from someone who six months ago woul have begged my dentist for sedation with fear, and thankfully was assured that fillings are painless and a lot cheaper without it.

Advertisement