Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Custom Fit Earphone Sleeves

Options
  • 16-05-2012 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Thinking of getting a pair of custom sleeves made. I've never found a good set of in-ears that could comfortably suit my ears and always resorted to earbuds. But as they're gradually being replaced by ear-canal style earphones I've decided a custom pair would be best.

I've been looking around online but I'm not too sure. For now I'll be using them with a set of Klipsch Image S4i earphones. Hoping a few people on here might already have custom sleeves and can offer some knowledge.

After searching online I've found ACS Custom to be probably the handiest/most cost effective. On their website they have the cost listed as €120. Seems fair. They also list the S4i's as compatible.

My other question is does anyone know the price of getting ear impressions done by an audiologist is? A rough guide even.

Trying to keep this as low price as possible.

All help appriciated,

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

I had mine made out in Acoustic Technologies http://www.acscustom.com/uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=77
    They charged €120 for the whole lot, they did the impressions and posted out the tips about 2 weeks later.
    They don't have a card machine, so make sure to bring cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

PPC wrote: »
    I had mine made out in Acoustic Technologies http://www.acscustom.com/uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=50&Itemid=77
    They charged €120 for the whole lot, they did the impressions and posted out the tips about 2 weeks later.

Thanks for that. It was ACS that I was going to use. But just wasn't sure. €120 for the whole lot is great. Think i'll be going with them, as theres a audiologist close to me as well.

Thanks PPC.

BTW did you have to make an appointment to get them done or is it a case of just walk in? I know it only takes 10 mins but these places can be fussy sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Yeah I had to make an appointment to get it done, but he was pretty lax about it.
    I was in and out in no time as well, its a very very quick procedure.

Yeah I had to make an appointment to get it done, but he was pretty lax about it.
    I was in and out in no time as well, its a very very quick procedure.

Thanks mate saved me a lot of effort.

• Advertisement
Advertisement