Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mechanic recommendation for vintage Bedford

Options
  • 16-05-2012 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

bought a 1977 Bedford camper to take to Poland for the Euros and needs attention before we go.

could anyone recommend a mechanics who might deal with older vehicles like ours. I know plenty of people will take them but I prefer to leave it with an older mechanic who has experience with older vehicles if possible (have had a couple bad experiences where quite capable younger lads just weren't familiar with some older parts and made mess of things)

was driving fine til recently when we pulled into a station to get diesel and then it wouldn't restart. The Aviva mechanic who came out to us said it could be because we pulled in nearly empty and then filled the tank up to it's max. he reckoned we may have flushed some dirt or something through the system but couldn't say for sure with only 20 minutes to assess things. We'd also like to get our batteries looked at and just get an overall checkup to make sure all's good before going away.

It's parked in dublin6 at the minute so if anyone could recommend a garage in the area (or further afield if it's a particularly good place) then we'd appreciate your suggestions

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

I will confess I know enough to be dangerous ! Taking a 77 Bedford To Poland without a good mechanical knowledge is a risk ,if is not done out as a camper van the tolls might start to add up ?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Tedious Bore

acmatman wrote: »
    I will confess I know enough to be dangerous ! Taking a 77 Bedford To Poland without a good mechanical knowledge is a risk ,if is not done out as a camper van the tolls might start to add up ?

how do you mean tolls might add up if it's not a camper?...don't get ya

it's a camper since birth anyway far as i know. yeah will defo be a bit risky but gonna go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭acmatman

as far as I am aware a camper will be cheaper on a toll road than a truck ?

Advertisement