Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today fm switch KC earlier

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

KC himself just announced a few mins ago his show is moving:eek:

he's gonna be on from 19.00 starting in 2 weeks time, he'll be on for a reduced 2 hours.

Paul Mcloone is moving to 21.00 and will keep a 3 hour slot.

have to say i enjoy KC whenever i get a chance to listen to him. i'm presuming this move is a huge vote of confidence in him so i say best of luck to him!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

He well deserves it. Reckon he'll take over Tony Fenton's slot whenever he calls it a day, this is just moving him closer to help him get ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Honestly, I prefer him on 10-2. It's the last thing I listen to at night (Big Chill in particular). Plus, the new hours clash with Off The Ball :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

I really enjoy KC, it is great to see him getting to fill in for the likes of Foley, D'Arcy etc. Gives him more confidence. Usually out walking that time so will be good to listen to him for a chance. Shame it clashes with off the ball, can't have it every way I suppose! Best of luck though KC.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    He well deserves it. Reckon he'll take over Tony Fenton's slot whenever he calls it a day, this is just moving him closer to help him get ready.

My thoughts exactly.

KC is the most promising DJ on the nationals at the moment, and he's destined to have a prime-time slot. He'll either replace Fenton or Dempsey (those who remember him from Red FM know he's well capable of a breakfast show!)

While it shows Today FM have confidence in him, I think his new slot is a bit crap tbh. Loved listening to his show last thing at night because he was so chilled out, and played a good mix of "obscure" and chart music.

But I suppose I got used to Foley being on earlier so I'll get used to this too.

Interestingly, will it be the first time in more than 8 years that Today FM have their alternative/indie show on as the last show of the day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Was told today that KC's old partner from RED FM Lenny will be presenting the new show alongside KC...Lennys very funny i look forward too hearing this!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Was told today that KC's old partner from RED FM Lenny will be presenting the new show alongside KC...Lennys very funny i look forward too hearing this!

Fo' realz?

Aw yeah! Will definitely be listening in now. They had a great partnership in the old days. Next Ray and JP I'd say. :)

Ya thats what i was told today.The show is kicking off Tuesday and apperantly KC has been pushing for Lenny for a LONG time too co-present the show.

I'd imagine that's the case alright. I remember in the early days of KC's show on Today FM he used to have Lenny call in for segments. So he was probably trying to bring him to the attention of management.

Hopefully they can do a show that's kind of a cross between their old show on RED and KC's show on Today FM, would be class.

I see it been very similar too their Red Rooster show a few years back.It was Meteor Award winning,so..as the saying goes If it ain't broke don't fix it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Haha, Lenny's as Cark as Shandon (well he seems to be anyway) - that always sounds funny and wrong on the national airwaves! Mr E. Hobbs anyone? :pac:

(I'm Cork born and bred btw so put away the hurleys... :p)

• Advertisement

Lenny from Blaaaaarneeeeyy...Ha ha he has been living in Dublin tho since he left Red Fm so maybe his accent is not as strong!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It appears that this is gathering steam. KC and Lenny were magic, if they have elish(sp?)with them it's a roaster reunion in full swing. The current rooster crew are terrible.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It appears that this is gathering steam. KC and Lenny were magic, if they have elish(sp?)with them it's a roaster reunion in full swing. The current rooster crew are terrible.

Gemma & Sheamus are terrible in my opinion....They add nothing too the Rooster..Kc & Lenny were allways going too be a hard act too follow tho

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

Delighted for KC. Have been a fan since forever (well since he appeared on TodayFm anyway). Of course he'd have to have finally shoved Paul McCloone off his spot when I've stopped travelling home at 7pm at night....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,690 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

. The current rooster crew are terrible.

having thought about it more, I feel I was very harsh on the two lads now presenting the red rooster. They aren't terrible but they were taking over from an award winning and very popular combo of KC and Lenny so the bar was very high.

having thought about it more, I feel I was very harsh on the two lads now presenting the red rooster. They aren't terrible but they were taking over from an award winning and very popular combo of KC and Lenny so the bar was very high.

That's a pretty fair assessment. But to be honest, KC and Lenny leaving was just the start of the downhill slope for the station imho... but that's a topic for a different thread. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭ManOnFire

will be glad to have mcloone off on my drives home,bita craic with KC anyway

Theres a new thread about the KC & Lenny show in the radio section Lad's

Advertisement