Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Euro 249.99+postage. From Expansys. It's the Wifi only model. EU sourced. Dual core 1.2GHz. I have the original 7.0 Tab which this was a kind of interim upgrade to.

The Galaxy Tab 2 has just been released now too which adds to the confusion, but the Plus has much better hardware specs. Plus run Honeycomb, the 2 runs ICS.

Not to be confused with the even more super Tab 7.7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,394 ✭✭✭irishgeo

jeremyr62 wrote: »
    Euro 249.99+postage. From Expansys. It's the Wifi only model. EU sourced. Dual core 1.2GHz. I have the original 7.0 Tab which this was a kind of interim upgrade to.

The Galaxy Tab 2 has just been released now too which adds to the confusion, but the Plus has much better hardware specs. Plus run Honeycomb, the 2 runs ICS.

Not to be confused with the even more super Tab 7.7

a link would be nice?

tempted but ill wait till i am in the states in november and pick one up over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭jeremyr62

By November the 7 Plus will be seriously out of date. Still work though, like my original Tab.

By November the 7 Plus will be seriously out of date. Still work though, like my original Tab.

i mean a tablet in american, i doubt it will be the the galaxy tab 7 plus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's a good price - I think I paid about the same for a refurbed model a couple of months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Does this model of the Galaxy Tab suffer from the Newton rings issue?

invest4deepvalue.com

Newton rings - no idea what that means. I haven't heard anything about such an affliction. The screens on the all the Tabs are pretty decent IMO. My original Tab screen was the reason I got it. The 7.7 SuperAMOLED screen does suffer from some ring like artefacts at very low brightness levels. I have heard that this is due to the way the screens are manufactured.
    The LCD screens are not affected. So no, I don't think the Plus has problems with its screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

As far as i know the 7.0 plus has been confirmed for ICS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Newton rings - no idea what that means.

Here's an explanation. It's looks like a circle of moisture when you press on the screen.

It seems that a huge percentage of the larger screen Galaxy tabs have it.

If you check You Tube you will see various videos of it. Looks like it would spoil an otherwise excellent tab.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement

OK, I get the picture. No idea if this affects the 7 plus. I haven't seen it mentioned. I can certainly confirm the original 7 Tab doesn't have this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Anyone get one of these from Expansys yet ?

broker2008 wrote: »
    Anyone get one of these from Expansys yet ?
    Yep, i have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Worth getting? Too big, too small ? Seems a great price and only a small bit more expensive than 5 inch model yet a good enough difference, ie cheaper than 10 inch. Would you recommend ? New, not refurb I presume ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Worth getting? Too big, too small ? Seems a great price and only a small bit more expensive than 5 inch model yet a good enough difference, ie cheaper than 10 inch. Would you recommend ? New, not refurb I presume ?

Worth getting at that price def!! IMO, i think the 10.1 is a better size tough. Depends on what you plan on using it for, if its for multimedia consumption I'd go bigger, just email/web browsing the 7' should be great.

Price has gone up €10 to €259.99. They also have the 10.1 on sale at €334.99 now. I suspect they are clearing the decks in preparation for release of the Galaxy Tab 2 7 and 10 inch, and the Google Nexus tablet.

I got one, but have barely used it. Mostly because I haven't travelled which is really the only time I can see it being particularly useful. A 10" tab might be able to stand in for a laptop in meetings occasionally, but I find the 7" screen just that little bit too small.

The 7 inch size makes for a good ereader experience in my opinion. Not much use on a sunny day outside, but for reading inside/in bed they are great.

I think its worth it. Size is quite subjective, i had a 10" tablet but found it too big but then i use a 10.1" netbook as my main computer so 7" is quite big for me. FWIW my phone is 4.3"

Its new but it is white. I know the site says that but the pic doesn't ;) Its the version that doesn't have the IR port which may seem like a useful feature if you've been reading reviews but after doing some reading it seems like its not much use anyway. Also is a french model so came preinstalled with some french apps, most notably a kids hub that had all the Dora in french, gutted :pac:

Definitely worth it, yes there are newer models and cheaper tablets but for top brand like this you can't complain about the money

The 7 inch size makes for a good ereader experience in my opinion. Not much use on a sunny day outside, but for reading inside/in bed they are great.

Right size, but wrong screen. I'd never recommend using an LCD screen as an eReader.

• Advertisement

All those millions buying Kindle Fires must be wrong then ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

They are. back lights equals eye fatigue. Always go for an e-ink device if you want an e-reader.

Well, they're certainly not picking the best option from Amazon if they want an eReader. The form factor and size makes it seem like a tablet should make a good eReader, but the screen type is just fundamentally wrong. I tried it briefly as I didn't want to carry a tablet and an eReader, but it just doesn't work.

Yes, I agree eInk is better in daylight but the LCD backlight is a distinct advantage at night. Anyway horses for courses. I personally get on fine with the Tab as an eReader.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Yes, I agree eInk is better in daylight but the LCD backlight is a distinct advantage at night. Anyway horses for courses. I personally get on fine with the Tab as an eReader.

I doubt your optician would agree!

Advertisement