Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whirlpool Dishwasher ADP4400

Options
  • 15-05-2012 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, looking for help if possible.
    Dishwqasher seemed to start ok but went off after about 30secs. Now power light is just flashing. 4 flashes then after about 2secs does 4 more and so on.
    Checked filters etc. and all clean.
    Any help appreciated. Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

4 flashes indicates a draining failure - check pump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

anuprising wrote: »
    4 flashes indicates a draining failure - check pump
    Thanks for the reply. It drained no problem, but wo'nt do anything further!
    Light also flashes while its draining! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

if it goes off after 30 secs the drain down cycle is not completing . before a dishwasher takes in water it performs a drain down . along the sequence is a pressure switch , this or tubes connected to it could be partially blocked . you will have to investigate that .
    in the service manual 4 flashes is draining failure , the problem lies in the drain circuit , pump, pressure switch and so on

Thanks anuprising for your help. how do I get at the pressure switch? Is it to the side or front? Will have a go when I get home from work.

Problem solved and working. Re-booted after about 1min and re-started. Many thanks anuprising!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Dannytipp

red sean wrote: »
    Thanks anuprising for your help. how do I get at the pressure switch? Is it to the side or front? Will have a go when I get home from work.

Problem solved and working. Re-booted after about 1min and re-started. Many thanks anuprising!

Could you please let me know how you rectified this?the steps involved etc. im having a similar issue with my dishwasher. Thanks

• Advertisement

Dannytipp wrote: »
    Could you please let me know how you rectified this?the steps involved etc. im having a similar issue with my dishwasher. Thanks

If I recall correctly I unplugged the machine completely for about a minute. This was after cleaning the filters. The 4 flashes continued after re-booting but I held the "on" button for maybe 10 secs. and the pump came on and emptied fine.
    No problem since.
    Hope it helps.

Advertisement