Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSI Z77A-G43 overclockability?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm going to be building my first computer for myself once my exams are over and i'm back to work for the summer. I've been reading about computers since around February just to give myself some confidence that I won't be throwing money away on bad parts etc since, despite being reasonably competent with a computer from a young age, i never actually knew much about the individual parts. During the time i spent learning about computers more generally, i decided that overclocking would be something i'd like to try my hand at.

Now the thing is, while i've read a few guides on over clocking, i'm still nowhere near the point where i'd feel like i know enough. Overclocking was something i planned to read up on over the summer after my machine was running so that down the line, if I felt the need to improve performance I could.

The motherboard I'll be using for my build will be this one, but i've heard that it limits the adjustment you can make to the Vcore to +.02 +.04 or +.06 (Source) What I would like to know from yourselves is weather this will be an issue and if I should start looking for a new motherboard. I chose this one pretty much exclusively for the price after it was suggested to me in the building forum.

Here is my current basket.
    Item|Price
    TP-Link TL-WN951N, 300Mbps PCI-Adapter|€23.54
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb/s|€80.35
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155|€215.17
    Sony NEC Optiarc DDU1681S schwarz, bulk|€12.62
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950, 3GB GDDR5, PCI-Express|€361.19
    MSI Z77A-G43, Intel Z77, ATX, DDR3|€91.58
    Corsair Force Series GT 120GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5") SATA III|€129.14
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€33.65
    Good Connections DVI-D 24+1 Anschlusskabel 5m|€7.49
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€973.72

EDIT: I should also add that I won't be going for any insane overclocks, so maybe the limits won't be an issue

Comments

Advertisement