Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D.I.D electrical bad on line customer care.

Options
  • 15-05-2012 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭

Last Thursday i bougth a product online from D.I.D electrical. It cost Approx. €270. No small amount to a low income home. I check my account about ten mins later and the money had been taken. All great!! I assumed i would get an email to say i could collect my item in my chosen store within a few days!
    Nope, instead i get an email to say my order had been cancelled! OK i think to my self whats going on here? I ring coustomer care the next day, and get transfered about 10 times to an answering machiene. Left my number but nobody rings back. I emailed and waited most of the day and still no reply. I decide to go to my nearest store that "surly they will be able to solve the problem" In store the chap rings and gets someone who tells him there is no reason my order was cancelled except that it just was!
    Now i have no money and no item (starting to get mighty anoyed now:eek: not a pretty sight to behold) I says to your man, is there nothing you can do about this, and he says yes i can process your order here! Great! until he tries to charge me another €270. Hold on now i says i already paid for this, my account is empty, you hardly think im giong to pay for it a second time!!
    So as you can imagine i went home still with no product or money in my account!:(
    Almost a week later still no money in my account. Not a happy bunny! Email them again today and was told that it had nothing to do with them transfering my money back into my account! AMMMMM you took my money and then refused to give me the item that i paid for!:confused:
    My Questions are these.
    Why was my order cancelled after my money was taken?
    Why has my money not been returned to me?
    Why is D.I.Ds level of coustomer care so shabby in this day and age when you would think they would be bending over backwards for peoples hard earned cash?
    Has anyone else experienced this kind of pure bad service or am i wrong to be complaining?
    Is it the responsibility now of Visa (debit card) to replace the funds? Which by the way is one of those o2 top up money cards, not sure how that works.

I assure anyone reading that i will not be a customer of D.I.D again and will go where standard of service is what you expect it to be in Argos!

Great to get that off my chest! Thanks for listening.

Very irrate coustomer.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mel1 wrote: »
    My Questions are these.
    Why was my order cancelled after my money was taken?

Only DID can answer this, anyone else is only speculating
    Why has my money not been returned to me?

Only DID can answer this, anyone else is only speculating
    Is it the responsibility now of Visa (debit card) to replace the funds? Which by the way is one of those o2 top up money cards, not sure how that works.

If its available you could try do a chargeback with the card, but only Visa/O2 can do this....if its available
    I assure anyone reading that i will not be a customer of D.I.D again and will go where standard of service is what you expect it to be in Argos!

Great to get that off my chest! Thanks for listening.

May i suggest your time would be much better spent actually sending a formal complaint to DID about your issue as people here on boards.ie can really only speculate about some of your questions and you'll get it shorted sooner but actually contacting DID

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Well thanks for the reply Clever girl but they were realy only (mostly) rhetorical for making my point of being dissatified! They were to point out the main points of my story!:D
    Altough my question about my 02 card was legit!

Sorry i was sure your name was clever girl!

And i did make a complaint to D.I.D and the only reply from them was they had no reasonable explaination for the cancellation and that it was not their responsibility to assure the funds were refunded in reasonable time, which to my mind would be within a day!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mel1 wrote: »
    And i did make a complaint to D.I.D and the only reply from them was they had no reasonable explaination for the cancellation and that it was not their responsibility to assure the funds were refunded in reasonable time, which to my mind would be within a day!

Refunds are very very rarely done in one business day, normally in the region of 3-5 working days is pretty much the timeframe used across numerous company's for refunds.

Oh, by the way....the name is Cabaal, what you keep referring to is from Jurrasic Park and is merely a avatar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

From O2 MoneyCard Website

Cancelled Transactions

When you buy goods or services using a credit or debit card, the retailer will reserve the funds for the transaction for a short time - they do this so that you cannot use those funds to buy other goods or services while they process your order. Once they have dispatched the goods or services, they complete the transaction by taking the money from your credit or debit card. Exactly the same happens when you use your O2 Money card.

If you cancel your order, most retailers will take several days to return the money to you. It will be returned to your O2 Money account automatically 7 to 10 days after you made the purchase (but then cancelled). When the money is released back to you, the available balance on your O2 Money Card will increase by that amount and is then available for you to use. Releasing this money can only be requested by the retailer that has reserved it.

Who can contact O2 Money Customer Care?

O2 Money Customer Care will deal directly with the person who bought the card i.e. the account holder. The card holder can query anything that they have visibility of on the account but may not be able to request any changes. E-mail queries will only be handled to and from the account holder’s registered e-mail address.

Email us at customercare@o2money.ie or call us on 1890 812102

You should contact them to enquire whether DID have actually debited your account & received the funds, or whether they have put a hold on the funds. If it's the latter the funds should be available to you within 7-10 days (working days). If the funds aren't available to you after 10 working days contact them again & request a chargeback.

If they confirm that DID have actually received the funds & your account has indeed been debited, ask them when about instigating a chargeback on the grounds that you haven't received the goods.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the advice guys. Its a little inconvient and fustrateing having to wait so long for your own money to be returned especialy when its no fault of your own and you dont have a whole lot of it in the first place.

And appoligies again for the name mixup!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

You can also do a chargeback with an 02 money card if DID do not return the funds, Could take up to 3 months though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You need to write a formal, registered letter of complaint to D.I.D. Electrical.

In addition contact O2 Card Services to see if there is any sign of the money coming back to your card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

DID's site and customer service is operated by the Buy4now group - that's why they don't know what to answer. Look for a contact for did head office and email them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

I think that information posted by jeckle is slightly misleading (not that I am questioning Jeckles integrity - it would be the card issuer I would be questioning)

They say in it that the retailler can take several days to process the transaction:
    If you cancel your order, most retailers will take several days to return the money to you. It will be returned to your O2 Money account automatically 7 to 10 days after you made the purchase (but then cancelled). When the money is released back to you, the available balance on your O2 Money Card will increase by that amount and is then available for you to use. Releasing this money can only be requested by the retailer that has reserved it.

A lot of the time the delay is with the card processing system and the above quote implies it is the retailer who is causing the delay. I know from first hand experience of a cancelling pre authorisation requests within half an hour of them being made and the customers account only showing the release / refund 7 days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

sandin wrote: »
    DID's site and customer service is operated by the Buy4now group - that's why they don't know what to answer. Look for a contact for did head office and email them

Nowadays they've nothing to do with buy4now

Quick update,

Rang Visa/o2 very nice chap, said D.I.D. are still holding the money but it should be transered on the 20th may. Fingers crossed!
    Rediculous amount of time to wait for a refund but at least its coming. Got address of head office to make a formal complaint! Thanks for all the Advice!:)

Advertisement