Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fatman on Batman

Options
  • 15-05-2012 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭

Another Kevin Smith SModco podcast starting up in the next few weeks. First episode has already been released as the latest SModcast as they were unable to record the usual SModcast, so it'll be released again as Fatman on Batman #1 once they sort out logo and theme music for it.

So basically it's Kevin Smith interviewing people who've worked on Batman. First episode was Paul Dini, who was mostly involved with the animated series, and even wrote most of the story for the Arkham Asylum/City games.

I actually really liked this. Smith was a lot more reigned in, and he is a diehard Batman fan so he knows his stuff. And the interview itself was great if you have any interest in Batman. Hearing Dini get choked up while recounting some of the episodes of the animated series shows just how much work and thought went into the series. Anyone who remembers it knows there were some episodes which could make a grown man cry.

Looking forward to more episodes. Hopefully he gets some good guests, otherwise there won't be a whole lot of longevity to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

New episode with Mark Hamill is up. It's a Part 1 of 2, and was pretty good, though this part was more of a "When did you get interested in comics?" and talking about old cartoons and tv shows. It was over an hour before they really started talking about how Hamill got the role of Joker, and the animated series itself, so I'm expecting the second part to be more focused. Mark Hamill seems like a very interesting guy though, and he's pretty funny. I'd say if you're just interested in the Batman side of things, skip the first hour. Next weeks should be awesome though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    I'd say if you're just interested in the Batman side of things, skip the first hour.

The only thing that should be skipped is Smith's uber-long intro. :p

Is there a rule preventing linkage to the podcast list?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,240 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Ridley wrote: »
    Is there a rule preventing linkage to the podcast list?

I wouldn't think so. Podcasts are free. Not fully sure what you mean though, so we'll work off the assumption it's fine for now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭Ridley

Penn wrote: »
    I wouldn't think so. Podcasts are free. Not fully sure what you mean though, so we'll work off the assumption it's fine for now anyway

I'm just surprised you didn't link to them is all. wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Ruff says flaherty

You just know he's smoking a blunt whilst recording the show, a cough here and there gives it away!

• Advertisement
Advertisement