Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Servers set to Return.....

Options
  • 15-05-2012 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks be to jaysus..... (as my mammy would say!)

I do like the odd long game on a rented server, but I do be longing for a "normal" Dice fix, it seems DICE are finally addressing it....

http://kotaku.com/5910313/official-servers-return-to-battlefield-3

Text below for those in work / college :

After it was discovered last week that the number of "official" DICE and EA Battlefield 3 servers on console had dropped significantly in the wake of a new rental scheme, the developer has moved to bring a large number of them back.

We were told last week that no servers had gone offline; instead, DICE's own had been rented out to fans, who were customising game styles to their own whims. Sadly, that didn't appeal to the large numbers of people who wanted to play a "normal" game of Battlefield 3, so the developer has brought a ton of them back into the fold.

"You should see DICE-hosted servers up today", EA told VentureBeat. "I do not have the exact percentage or number of servers, but we'll continue to monitor this to make sure all players are having the best possible gameplay experience."

A search on PS3 turned up over 170 servers alone, all across the planet, so yeah, they're back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Thank God for that. Time to go favourite a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Are they back to the one game mode only type servers or those BS "themed" severs they shoved out conveniently before rent a server went online? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Are they back to the one game mode only type servers or those BS "themed" severs they shoved out conveniently before rent a server went online? :rolleyes:

No, still mixed. It doesn't bother me to be perfectly honest. I love changing the pace with a game of Rush. So long as it isn't a Deathmatch game I'm happy tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭LawlessBoy

Delighted this is back. Only problem is since they are back people are changing the names of theres to being the same as dice ones, even making up a random number for the end :P

Just have to make sure that the owner in the info is DICE:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Thank **** for this, way too many **** ruining the game with their crap rented servers. Same pussies probably won't go near the official servers in case someone else instead of them might fly the chopper or jets, or use grenade rounds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement