Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 for 16 New Film Rentals from Xtra-vision

Options
  • 15-05-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Just saw it on pigsback website:

€15 for 16 New Film Rentals including Blu-ray from any Xtra-vision http://megadeals.pigsback.com/?rf=64201016&sr=rp

Terms & Conditions
    • Valid Monday – Thursday
    • Xtra-vision stores in the Republic of Ireland
    • Vouchers are valid until June 28 2012
    • Your vouchers will be emailed to you on Wed 23rd May 2012
    • One rental per day
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

I really hate those sites that force the registration box in your face. I just want to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

Its crap that you need to use the 16 vouchers in 5 weeks. 3 rentals a week and you cannot get more than 1 a night. Otherwise I would have bought it.

On a side note, they seem to be getting like the petrol stations- small margin on their main product and get the customer to buy other high margin products when in-store. So with deals like this they are getting you in as often as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Shit deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

I really hate those sites that force the registration box in your face. I just want to have a look.
    Just type [email]askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb@yahoo.com[/email]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Just type [EMAIL="askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb@yahoo.com"]askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb@yahoo.com[/EMAIL]

Or better still just click on 'already registered' which closes the box immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,798 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just type [email]askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb@yahoo.com[/email]
    So it's your fault I'm getting spammed... christ almighty!

Regards,

askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb

Shit deal

Is it? Even if you only rent three titles you're up, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The terms and conditions are very severe. I bet a load who bought the deal did not read them.

PS the only reason they are on special offer over that period is because of the Euro Championships. Their shops will be dead during the Euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭cfeeneyinterior

Basq wrote: »
    So it's your fault I'm getting spammed... christ almighty!

Regards,

askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb
    O o . Sorry Basq, I meant to send those pictures to [EMAIL="askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb@yahoo.com"]askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbs...dkjb@yahoo.com[/EMAIL] not [EMAIL="askbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbsdbjkbkasbkbjaksjbkjbkjsbdkjsabkdbkjabsdkjb@yahoo.com"]bskbaskjbkjasbdkjbackbakhasdkjbaskbs...dkjb@yahoo.com . [/EMAIL]
    Clicking on already registered looks like a good thing to do alright. My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

Fake@fake.com is your friend ;)

• Advertisement

doncarlos wrote: »
    Fake@fake.com is your friend ;)

Little red X up the top right corner is my friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

I think the Tesco xtra vision deal works out better value in the long run. 12 Xtra-vision Rental Tokens for €16.50 in club card vouchers. You can use the vouchers anytime and I hardly ever have any left by the expiry date.
    http://www.tesco.ie/clubcard/deals/xtra.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Mon to thurs rentals only?

FFS

We would normally rent dvds at the weekend for ourselves and the kids.

Is it? Even if you only rent three titles you're up, no?

It's sort of forcing you to rent, but if you are defo gonna rent anyways, then it's good

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Access wrote: »
    Mon to thurs rentals only?

FFS

We would normally rent dvds at the weekend for ourselves and the kids.

thats why its cheap! FFS is your tv turned off during the week?

if you use fatcheese or one of the 10% pigsback deals, then its really 13.50 so i reckon even using 4 rentals is good value. You could also share them with a friend or family and if you have a decent pc its very easy to watch these at the weekend if you are really bothered :)

I got it and personally have more time during the week to watch movies than at weekends so it suits me well. i'll probably give at least half of them away too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

sweetie wrote: »
    thats why its cheap! FFS is your tv turned off during the week?

Think you are missing my point... yes, its a good deal if you rent frequently and like you say especially if you go through PB or Fat C... but a lot of families dont get time during the week to rent or even watch a dvd normally... and the rule of mon-thurs rental only is another stupid rule by xtravision in my opinion.

I do know what you are saying regarding watching them during the weekend if you have a decent pc - wink wink nudge nudge say no more :D... but i would never do anything as bold as that Sweetie! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I can't believe there's that many that actually rent films from a B&M store still

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

slave1 wrote: »
    I can't believe there's that many that actually rent films from a B&M store still
    I was wondering how long this would take..........YAWN!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 963 ✭✭✭NinjaK

slave1 wrote: »

Maby if you want to watch the latest releases on bluray?

NinjaK wrote: »
    Maby if you want to watch the latest releases on bluray?

you no understand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭jacool

Thanks OP for the BA.
    I think some posters here feel they're being coerced. Doesn't look like that at all.

you no understand

I think you dont understand:rolleyes:

NinjaK wrote: »
    I think you dont understand:rolleyes:

oh you have crap internet access?

oh you have crap internet access?

I understand now:P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone try using two vouchers the same night? ie. giving some to a friend to use in a different branch the same day that you use one?

Access wrote: »
    Think you are missing my point... yes, its a good deal if you rent frequently and like you say especially if you go through PB or Fat C... but a lot of families dont get time during the week to rent or even watch a dvd normally... and the rule of mon-thurs rental only is another stupid rule by xtravision in my opinion.

I do know what you are saying regarding watching them during the weekend if you have a decent pc - wink wink nudge nudge say no more :D... but i would never do anything as bold as that Sweetie! :D

they know exactly what they're doing, and so many people are buying into it thinking they're getting a huge deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I still like the DVD or Bluray to get good quality. Vision AND sound.

I don't use XV very often but almost everytime when I get a few from them I get at least one scratched/faulty disc. Which is a pain when you sit down to watch something and there's a problem with the disc. Usually its not very visible when you check the disk in store.

Advertisement