Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for info on CO2 Pistol

Options
  • 15-05-2012 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I saw a gun identical to this http://www.actionsportgames.com/view-product-219.aspx?productid=16788@@SHOP1&backPageID=211 in a shop last week except that it was marked for use with co2 gas. I have not been able to find anything on this co2 version though. As I have a Marui MEU I am thinking about getting a co2 pistol. The gun was supplied with a green gas magazine which looked almost identical to the Marui 1911 ones but not with a co2 mag. It was priced at €200 - most of the other co2 guns that I've seen are selling for about €100 without the mag. I would appreciate any info you guys might be able to offer about this pistol. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Faolchu

what about this one

its not two tone but it sis a co2 duty one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

What shop was it?

ASG are a re-brander, and they own the rights to STI so it is likely an ASG re-branded pistol. They use many manufacturers, from KSC to KJW for pistols, and everything in between.

What information are you looking for? Just general 'what to buy' or 'what to avoid' kind of stuff, or down to the nitty gritty of that particular pistol?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭gouldian

Thanks lads. I was thinking of getting a co2 pistol after reading here that they perform better in our cold climate than green gas guns. I just happened to see that gun in a firearms shop. It really looked well made externally, nicely finished with a nice weight. I was also looking online at the kjw 1911 tac master at half the price but as I know nothing about the quality of any of these guns I'm not sure what to buy. I thought that the gun I linked to might be a high spec model because of the cost but maybe its just a rip off price. I have been doing some reading on co2 guns and it seems that alot of them have problems with leaking co2 capsules. I would appreciate any info on a good performing reliable co2 pistol. Thanks

ASG are not a retailer - they are a wholesaler and distribution company. The price they have up on their website is so that they are not undercutting any of their agents, or any of their trade customers.

If you want absolute quality and reliability, then yes you will be paying around €200+ but for that money you will be getting a seriously accurate out of the box pistol, that if left alone will last you a VERY long time. In short, you're looking for Tokyo Marui.

They're all green gas powered, but that's not a problem, even in our climate. Just look after the mags, and carry out regular/proper maintenance on them and you'll be fine.

Don't get me wrong, there are other pistols out there, and some pretty darn reliable ones too! If you're looking for a good, decently accurate pistol that is reliable and won't break the bank, then get yourself a KWC Co2 NBB pistol. They are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, and do the job. Accuracy wise is perfect for a pistol, but if you've ever shot a TM, you'll find it lacking.

Finally, it is crucial that you hold any pistol you're considering - they are notorious for looking great on paper, but once in your hand you realise that it is not in any way comfortable, or easy to use. So take your time, go to the stores and skirmish sites - talk to the lads about their gear, ask can you hold it/dry fire and in short get a better feel for what's out there.

Thanks for taking the time to reply Inari. I bought a TM MEU http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv289/gouldian001/maruimeu3.jpg after getting advice here and its great but I do notice a big drop in range when firing it on cool days. It compares badly against my one and only aeg, a GR15 when the days are cold but shoots very well on the few days that are warm. I checked a brand new TM XDM40 on a cold day and there was still a fairly banana shaped trajectory with that even with the hop set at max. So I was hoping that there are good co2 pistols available though it looks like none will compare quality wise with the TM green gas guns.

• Advertisement

Sorry man, I completely forgot about the whole "I already have a Marui MEU" :o

You already know that they're awesome, so no point in me telling you! Right, here's the thing about Co2 pistols; the hop up rubbers are harder in order to deal with the pressure which means any accuracy upgrades (barrels, hop up rubbers etc) will all push the guns over the limit, unless you modify the pistol's hammer spring, or each magazines valve.

By making the hammer spring weaker, the valve doesn't stay open as long, and reduces the power output - just take your time; too much and it won't fire.

If you're looking for accuracy OOTB then KJW are your best bet, but magazine reliability is a bit touchy with them. They need lots of love and attention (maintenance), but they are very satisfying to shoot.

Co2 M9's by KJW will shoot accurately to 20m (torso sized target)
    Co2 M9's by WE/HK3P - as above
    Co2 1911A1 by KWC - Man sized target out to 20m = no bother. Supremely reliable, but you won't be impressed with accuracy after using a Marui pistol. But, it would do you as a winter/cold weather gun
    Co2 1911A1 by KJW - Torso sized target to 20m, and fully upgradeable with Marui-compatible parts - so you can custom make a very accurate pistol, that performs excellently all year round.
    Co2 1911 Hi-Capa by KJW - As above :)

The NBB Co2 pistols are upgradable, but not with off of the shelf parts. You need to modify everything to fit, so it's a bit more work involved, however because there is no moving slide, they tend to be far more reliable than most in the coldest weather :)

Reality is that TM are the most accurate OOTB pistols, and nothing comes close to them. So you're left with the options of upgrades on Co2 gear, or compensating with the TM stuff.

PS: The reason for it performing oddly in the cold is the rubber hardens (imparting less spin), and the pressure in the mag drops which means the BB is travelling slower through the hop up rubber, imparting even less spin. The rubber warms up after a while of shooting, but for a time without use, it'll harden back up.

Thanks very much for that advice - its very much appreciated. I think I'll look around for a good compact aeg instead

gouldian wrote: »
    Thanks very much for that advice - its very much appreciated. I think I'll look around for a good compact aeg instead

TM MP7 :D

...I'm not sure why I've become a spokesperson for Tokyo Marui as of late :D

Good compact AEG's that I've seen are the MP7's, MP5K's, P90's etc, as well as some interesting ones like the TM AUG High Cycle.

What way would you normally use your pistol? Would it see some use every skirmish, or is it more a last resort? If you're like me and actively use your pistol, then the upgrading route is definitely worth exploring - yes it is a little more expensive, but you end up with something that you know inside and out (literally), and endlessly satisfying to use.

Compact AEG's tend to get in the way, as they are more bulky than pistols, but they do tend to perform better in the cold. It's all down to personal preference though.

PS: Excellent taste in pistols!

TBH I have never skirmished and only use them for some back yard plinking to about 25 yards. I have some 4 & 7 inch sheet metal discs set up there and plink away when I get the urge which is just about every day lately. I've tried for the TM Steyr about a month ago but none of the shops here seem to carry them. Thanks again

Advertisement